DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, here we are with the classic Mercedes Road/Racers, starting off with the Mercedes 300SLR's

This first one is the car from the 1955 Targa Florio driven by Sterling Moss & Peter Collins, which it won.
Model itself, escpecialy for a budget model is exceptional, nice paint, well detailed engine, fantastic interior with soft cloth material on the seats.

The second is the 300SLR Coupe "Uhlenhaut" only 3 of which were made, detail is really the same as the car above.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the 300SL from the 1952 Carerra PanAmerica in Mexico made by CMC, finishing second, the winning (Green car) is also avalible, ask Luciano about that one.
This is quite a old mold, but this second place version is a new release, so CMC have had time to correct a few wrongs in the cars quality, the paint is flawless with no un-even surfaces and all the logo's are tampo printed, but detail remains the same.
The belt buckle on the bonnet which keeps it closed is a really nice detail, the straps are made from leather and the buckles from photo etched metal, but it is a absolute nightmare the thread back together again which is why i am not taking it off again.

A second CMC here is a Mercedes W25, this also is a old mold, but again detail for it's age is rather good, and even has an unexpected little detail, more on that later.

Down here that little black ball is the gear stick...

...Which is fully moveable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Now we have the big daddy, by CMC again this is the Mercedes RennTransporter.
Now i'm not gonna beat about the bush, this thing is huge and weighs a absolute ton, the paint is silky smooth, the metal work on the rails on the back are second to none, and the interior is something really special, it has key's in the ignition how friggin cool is that.

This is a hook which helps keep the car on the back of the truck, there are 4 of these.

Sid: "Oh, errr, bit of a mix up here, that shouldn't be on there"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vince: "Right, now can i trust you to back this thing off?"
Eddy: "If you don't think you can trust me why don't you do it?"
Vince: "O.K Then..."

Vince: "I will"

Sid: "Slowly off now, real slow, real slow"

Sid: "Careful now, thats it, no take it easy, careful mate watc......AGGGGHHHHH JEASE"
Eddy: "Oh dear"

Sid: "GET SOME HELP QUICK"

Eddy: "Look what you done, and you had doubt's about me taking it off, Kyle's gonna be really mad at you"
Vince: "Alright, my bad"

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Wow! When you first posted about your huge haul, I figured it must be mostly budget models, sweetened with a few higher end ones. It looks like the opposite is true - I'm even more dumbfounded!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed some gems from that haul.

Are the first two Maisto?

What was your collection like before the Big Haul?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
:iagree Very nice selection there Kyle. Models all look great for their respective prices, and they are some fine looking cars too. I'm always surprised how small the Renntransporter is. I realise that sounds daft as the model is huge compared to 1:18 cars, but when you see a car in the same scale actually on the back it makes the truck look quite compact.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
They are all favorites of me ( :giggle )...you've made a great choice...
I think there have to be different versions released of Maisto's SLR, cause mine do not have fabric covered seats, but plastic..... :confused

Nice write up .... :lol

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Excellent , excellent :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob
Kyle, this history of how you arrange "a few cars more" for your collection is almost unbelievable :cheers

Your pics are very clear and show us many details from the models.

BTW - About the Uhlenhaut coupe, only 2 were made, and Uhlenhaut uses one as his every day car :giggle

Congrats :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.