DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Motivated by Souky's really cool pics, I had to try out a couple different backgrounds and see how the pics turn out. First subject for the night is my white CLK DTM. I tried both a red and dark blue background. Many thanks to Souky for his inspiration in trying out new ways to "present" diecasts. :cheers :cheers

Red BG
I thought this shot turned out really well with the gradual fade from dark crimson to red

Engine shot for you ibj40

Blue BG

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words Peter & Mike. I'm glad you like the car & shots. Souky has been a good teacher to me. :happy :happy

G

·
that looks cooooooool. I never realized the entire nose came off like that. Might have to check one of these DTM cars out after all.

G

·
Nice CLK DTM SM! That last picture looks stunning, the white really stands out with the black background :nicejob

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TifosiF1 said:
that looks cooooooool. I never realized the entire nose came off like that. Might have to check one of these DTM cars out after all.
They are some of Maisto's nicer cars. I have 4 CLK DTMs with that body style (from 2000 and 2001). Thanks for the kind words Tim.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Ali said:
Nice CLK DTM SM! That last picture looks stunning, the white really stands out with the black background :nicejob
Thanks for the compliment Ali. :cheers I'm glad to hear you like that last picture. I've always struggled with taking pics of white cars. I guess I just got lucky there. :happy

G

·
WOAH! These are super nice, Felix! :drool :nicejob :cheers

Let's get one thing straight here. The one that should be doing the thanking is me.

If it wasn't for that gorgeous shot of the green Lambo with dark bg, I wouldn't have picked up a camera and try taking pics in the first place.

So... THANK YOU!!! My friend! :drinkbud :drinkbud :drinkbud

BTW, white cars? No problem. Blue cars? PROBLEM. Lots of problems... :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Getter 3 said:
WOAH! These are super nice, Felix! :drool :nicejob :cheers

Let's get one thing straight here. The one that should be doing the thanking is me.

If it wasn't for that gorgeous shot of the green Lambo with dark bg, I wouldn't have picked up a camera and try taking pics in the first place.

So... THANK YOU!!! My friend! :drinkbud :drinkbud :drinkbud

BTW, white cars? No problem. Blue cars? PROBLEM. Lots of problems... :lol
Thanks for the kind words Souky. :cheers There are a lot of folks here with a terrific photography talent. I think the end result is that we spur one another on to try to present our diecasts in different ways visually with creative photowork and PhotoShopping. That's the one feature of the DX Forum I truly enjoy!

As for your "corrupting" pictures, keep it up Souky!! :lol :lol :lol

Which blue car were you referring to? If it's the Scooby, I love those shots!!

G

·
Felix,

congrats on adding these, glad ton know your happy with them. You would have kicked yourself if they woul have gotten away from you. :giggle

G

·
StygianMax said:
As for your "corrupting" pictures, keep it up Souky!! :lol :lol :lol

Which blue car were you referring to? If it's the Scooby, I love those shots!!
Thanks, Felix! :drinkbud

Yup, yup. Them scooby shots. Gosh... Took me forever to get a decent shot... :happy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts