DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored this baby for $8 which I thought was a pretty good deal. The only thing I'm not so happy about it is the front grill. The finish on it is a little "jaggy" (you'll see that in my picture). Apart from that, the paint is well done and the CLK has got slicks. Seeing separate brake calipers is always a good thing. Overall, it's a retty decent effort by Maisto. Now I have to find the other two CLK DTMs from 2001.





(gotta have one of those low-down front quarter shots :giggle )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Very nice addition SM!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers
"Jaggy" front grille? :confused
Also I thought the brake calipers were not seperate :confused Do the brake disks turn? :feedback
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BVR said:
Very nice addition SM!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers
"Jaggy" front grille? :confused
Also I thought the brake calipers were not seperate :confused Do the brake disks turn? :feedback
The "jaggies" result from a rough finish on my grill. I can't for the life of me get a picture of this CLK looking anywhere as nice as Rat's. :confused :confused

I'll get back to you on the calipers/discs after I have a closer look. The caliper has "AP Racing" printed on it.
 
G

·
This is one of my faves, the livery on this one makes it a gem.

The front grill on mine seems to be fine. Is it anything you can clean up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DiecastX said:
This is one of my faves, the livery on this one makes it a gem.

The front grill on mine seems to be fine. Is it anything you can clean up?
I'll take a closer look. Maybe I need to clean up my photography? :lol :lol I took about 30 shots last night and most turned out to be duds. I'm having a hard time shooting Maisto's silver cars against the reflective black background. :confused :confused Plus I'm getting too much light reflected off the headlights.
 
G

·
Awesome pics Felix, I don't see anything wrong at all. There were at least six 2001 MB CLK DTM models released by Maisto. :happy

It's a great inexpensive model. The brake disks do not turn with the wheels. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CollectorX said:
Simply beautiful :cheers :drool :drool
Thanks CX. I relly like the "ripped" look of the livery so that it looks as if you can see through the skin of the car. It'd be a nice one for your budding collection of racers. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rat said:
Awesome pics Felix, I don't see anything wrong at all. There were at least six 2001 MB CLK DTM models released by Maisto. :happy

It's a great inexpensive model. The brake disks do not turn with the wheels. :cheers
Thanks Rat. You're very kind with your compliments. :cheers I guess I'm just striving to get things looking just right in my mind.

Thanks for the info about the six 2001 CLKs. Do you have any of the 2000 24Hr Service in white? I'm curious what their quality is like.
 
G

·
StygianMax said:
Do you have any of the 2000 24Hr Service in white? I'm curious what their quality is like.
Felix, I don't have one yet but I know who destroyed one.... :ranting :lol :lol :lol

I hope one day soon I'll come across the white version myself. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
Here we go again... *sigh*

I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,432 Posts
LUW said:
Here we go again... *sigh*

I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
Luciano, These cars are some of the best values in all of diecastlane.
Resistance is futile :lol :lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rat said:
StygianMax said:
Do you have any of the 2000 24Hr Service in white? I'm curious what their quality is like.
Felix, I don't have one yet but I know who destroyed one.... :ranting :lol :lol :lol

I hope one day soon I'll come across the white version myself. :cheers
Oh no! That doesn;t sound like a good story. :crying Happy hunting for a replacement. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Max Power said:
LUW said:
Here we go again... *sigh*

I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
Luciano, These cars are some of the best values in all of diecastlane.
Resistance is futile :lol :lol
I sense someone's getting sucked into the DTM black hole! :tempted :tempted :tempted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,424 Posts
Max Power said:
LUW said:
Here we go again... *sigh*

I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
I must resist DTM!
Luciano, These cars are some of the best values in all of diecastlane.
Resistance is futile :lol :lol
Jeff, will you PLEASE cut that out? I already have a hard time to keep my Le Mans needs at bay...
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top