DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first addition for 2022 and my 2nd CMC, presenting the CMC 1:18 Ferrari 156 F1 Sharknose from 1961.

The details on the CMC are always top notch, this model has many intricate deatils, where you can remove the front cowl to see the details in the front, opening fuel lid. Precisely detailed engine bay, working suspension. Removable wheels (which i am afraid to try).

On to some pictures.

With another F1 from the same era though the 804 is from 1962

The founders:

Engine bay

Under chassis

Racing interior

Detailed front

The spoked wheels

Air Inlets

Ferrari F1 evolution:

Thanks for watching, will be posting more picture soon. Cheers !!!

·
Administrator
34,735 Posts
A really nice looking model.

You will be able to remove the wheels easy enough (I doubt they are fiddly on this one) just hold the wheel, then turn the centre lock anti clockwise.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a great model, no question.
Yes, it is a great model.

A really nice looking model.

You will be able to remove the wheels easy enough (I doubt they are fiddly on this one) just hold the wheel, then turn the centre lock anti clockwise.
Thank you Craig. WIll do try to remove the wheels, but yes still skeptical to fiddle around. Even have not tried to remove the wheels on the 901 either.

So beautiful! I regret not buying one when I had the chance a few years back, though I'm not in the racing models.
Thanks Cristi. This was just a random buy seeing a local collector selling it mint in box. So thought of adding it. But yes a great model considering the detailing.

·
Administrator
34,735 Posts
The wheels are much easier on this model - my advice, don't try to take them off of the 901, the wheel nuts are so small and so annoying to put back on, you could easily cross thread them so you won't be able to get that nut back on. I took a wheel off once when I got mine for a better lok at the brakes etc, never again!
If you are into seeing & working with nuts etc that are that small (especially like those who make their models more detailed) cool, otherwise, leave well alone.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wheels are much easier on this model - my advice, don't try to take them off of the 901, the wheel nuts are so small and so annoying to put back on, you could easily cross thread them so you won't be able to get that nut back on. I took a wheel off once when I got mine for a better lok at the brakes etc, never again!
If you are into seeing & working with nuts etc that are that small (especially like those who make their models more detailed) cool, otherwise, leave well alone.
Thanks Craig. Will take your advise and try it out on the Dino.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Big congrats on the Sharknose, Channa!! 👍
It belongs to my top 5 race cars of all times and it is the only car I have 3 models of:
Two CMC and one Exoto - to populate my CMR Bartoletti…

Impressive to see it next to a contemporary F1 car!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big congrats on the Sharknose, Channa!! 👍
It belongs to my top 5 race cars of all times and it is the only car I have 3 models of:
Two CMC and one Exoto - to populate my CMR Bartoletti…

Impressive to see it next to a contemporary F1 car!
Thank you vulpex. Please do share few pics of your exoto.

Meanwhile... Few more pics of the Dino

1 - 10 of 10 Posts