DiecastXchange Forum banner

CMC Mercedes 300 SL Panamericana 1952

8K views 58 replies 9 participants last post by  BURN 
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Okay, here is my opinion to which I am entitled to express. That (as highlighted in red) is just about the most insulting thing I've ever read on this forum. I have never seen any come across that judgemental of anyone on this forum. (And I say this without any prejudice but with objectivity).

To the point now....please enlighten us all, what criteria makes someone an "expert" with diecasts and another "just a collector"? As far as I know, there are no accreditation issued to anyone who claims to be a "professional" in the field. If I may draw a analogy to the automotive repair industry, I will certainly say that just because a mechanic makes their living on repairing cars, he can be very far away from being "professional" eventhough he has all sorts of certificates on his garage wall. I say that with lots of firsthand experience.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
From reading your reply, you seem to be describing an "expert" not as an individual but as the staff from a diecast manufacturing company. You describe the expert as an individual who can out together a model in a near-perfect way. But if the "expert" is building a model, he already has a kit in hand that a company has recreated to a level of detail and accuracy they see appropriate (as governed by a business case.) Or do you mean an expert is someone who can build a model completely from scratch??

Also, please tell me if you are an expert or you are not. I would like to see evidence of your claim too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.