DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
First my client is NOT a diecast company even though I sell diecast products. I have no direct contact with any one of them. no need for it

Second I am NOT on any payroll of any diecast company but it does have alot to do with collecting.

Third We will call this a day as it obvious I am not geting any information worth writing about.

Fourth there is no way in the world I would collect anything for the pleasure of it and never have done, you say this to collectors to make them feel at home. All the traders I know do not collect they know better than that clouds the mind they use the diecast business for investment purposes. that is who my client is an investment company who invests in collectables.

Fifth Good night

G

·
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
eeano,

I hate to play word games with you, but your such an easy target.

In all of your posts in this thread you lead the audience in to believing your a representative for a company doing consulting on their behalf. You admitted to being invited to do these consults and now you back away from all of these statements when your challenged on the credibility of those claims.

These are from your posts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You sent me this in an email:

I was asked by a number of representatives to look into this forum and
others to find out what thier ideas were about certain items. Unfortunatly
most of the replys read seem to be one liners which offer no information
whatsoever. This has not shown your forum in a great light in providing
constructive answers.to items such as price increases and what will this do
the to collecting market.

We were in the future going to offer alot of advertising space to forums on
various websites in exchange for ours on the forum, this would have involved
giving substatial dicounts for members including admin staff. There were
plans to involve you collectors in an inspiring relationship with areas such
as R&D within the diecast world knowing full well you people the diehards,
might have an added interest in the behinds scenes of various companies.
This would have also included space for unrelated areas away from the
diecast business. But it seems we are dealing with very unprofessional
people even the poll sugests that most people have a decent education.

Lastly, you state you would never collect anything for the sake of collecting, there would have to be some sort of profit in it for you.

Well, thanks for making me look like a damn genius as I told you that in a pm. Your just another hobbyist looking to make a buck of other collectors. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled off was convincing people he didn't exist.

I am glad this forum is filled with members who actaully appreciate the hobby from a collectors aspect.

When I first started this forum, I was fascinated with various companies, retailers and industry types showing an interest in being involved in DX's existence. Worst mistake I ever made was taking a few of them up on their offers. I don't know what was worst, the fact that they expected me to kiss their a** and play the role of bodyguard over their brand or the contempt they had for the consumers of this hobby. Albeit, it was only a few who fit into that category, but those few just like you ruin it for the few companies, retailers and manufacturers who care enough about the preservation of this hobby.

I will tell you without a hesitation, that I am glad that this forum focuses on the "collectors enthusiasm" and not some companies agenda or bottom line. In my personal belief, thats the way it should be and the way it will remain here on DX.

Since DX is not what your looking for, I kindly invite you to find another forum which better suits your agenda. I am quite sure that a few forums will gladly entertain a wannabe such as yourself.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Sorry for kicking someone who is down, but I couldn't resist:

Try selling models to skilled engineers. We, the collectors are the ones who buy and collect them, not the "experts". :giggle

Sorry dude, in the beginning I thought you were serious, but wasn't very crafty with words. But on further review, it looks like you don't know the difference between a Bburago and an Exoto. And of course, India and USA 1 and 2 showed more "expertise", even though they're just collectors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
eeano After reading through everyones mighty fine responses to your nonsense I have only come up with this in defense of this community which I appreciate so much. (Because everthing I wanted to say has been said, almost)

Quit trying to play this whole this off. Saying, "I was just saying this... or skilled engineer that or fine quality so and so." It is done, deal with it and move on.

eeano: Quote "Third We will call this a day as it obvious I am not geting any information worth writing about."

Now that I think about it I did find some useful information for you.
Your welcome to rise up and leave whenever you feel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
All I wanted was some opinion on the Panamericana.... and look what happened! Be careful people! :lol

He says he has no collection, yet he states he has 150 something diecasts in his personal info. Seems just one big lie that is aimed to upset the balance we have here.

Dunno guys, but I am really upset for what happened here today. I am very disappointed on how some people perceive diecast collecting (and even a hobby as a whole).

However,to see the bright side, I really enjoyed reading everybody's replies and show we truly love this hobby. I am very proud to be a member here of DX and share my thoughts and collection with you.

Goodnight people

G

·
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
eeano

My thought here :mine ,,,,You don't come into a forum of "Just Colectors"& start,,,, :confused how do I say this,,,,,,,attempt to bitchslap them over their personal tasts or opinion! Your not exactly winning any1 over with your tactics. If I was a ringer,(call it immature)I'd ban your
This forum is for the collector(,,,erm or what you said "Just Colectors" :ranting! without "Just Colectors"how good would your buesness be??? :badidea )

Well I said all I had to & I appologize to all of the forum for making this thread a little more messy!
eeano, please dont let the door hit you in the a** on the way out! we just had it refinished & don't want to have to clean your "Bull ****" of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Since no one said it.... eeno - You're an A55HOLE.

You need to except the facts. And what is that? That we buy what ever model we want and we get to decide which ones we like or don't! NOT YOU.

Your 'expertise' means jack$hit to me. You can blab all you want about how CMC saved the world, change Coke to Pepsi, walk on water, or that they're using the best methods known on the planet to build model cars and rocketships. Blah Blah Blah. Bottom line is - if I don't like their products, I won't buy it. UNDERSTAND?

Burn came here to ask for our opinion and that's what he got - OUR OPINIONS. And why is it just about every pompous jerk that I've dealt with always ended up using the line, "I am also entitled to mine". Yes, we are fully aware of the fact that people have opinions. And mine still stands - You're an A55HOLE.

And what is it with you calling people Brazil, USA, India, etc? Are you talking to the whole country or the individuals? People have names, you know. Atleast use their screen name, fur cryin' out loud.

Should I start referring to this guy as - Somewhere in Europe?

"Nice web site you have there dont worry about people stealing your photos shows respect to you thats all."

So what you're trying to say?

If you want to help me and I have asked nicely please read the question and give me your valued opinion it is wanted but please be constructive, and dont just put a smily in like the last one.

I valued my opinion and believe it to be constructive. It reads:

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A55

NOTE: I'm fully aware of what I've said and I will not, under any circumstances, apologize to anyone about it. This is my opinion and I'm "entitled to mine". :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I believe this horse has taken enough of a beating, we can allow it to rest in peace now.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
This shows to the newer collectors what type of people are out there, as this Information can help them chose there place's of purchase, as well what type of people to be aware of in our wonderful hobby.

Sorry burn I don't know much about the car you were asking about, so I had no Info to offer you, but there is always someone to give you great information on questions here at DX as you did get, sorry to see you got a whole lot more this time round.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
It does look interesting doesnt it... my brother bought it, it should look good with his other cars. I will take some pics when it arrives... he is too lazy to get them ... :giggle

ps glad you like DX, 99.9% of our members are decent

Dont worry about that, I have been for only a couple of months but I know what type of people (really!) form DX.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Removing my long paragraph post, don't want to contribute other than I agree with DX and others 100% except for eeano

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
woah...ALRIGHT people!!! back to the topic, i got a CMC Panamerica, one thing is for sure, its a HEAVY car!!!! Heavier then the minichamps BMW GTR, i got mine on sale for ard. USD$90, so i guess, yea, it was pretty good value for me. If your getting one at the sae price as the newer CMCs, i'd say, go for the newer ones.

*incidently, i have not yet opened up the engine, the leather strap looks soooo delicate, i'm afraid i'll break it*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
that eeano... :giggle

It was a great start for my adventure here at DX. :lol

Oh well, back to your question. My bro in the end did get the CMC panamericana. Its very very heavy, I do really hope that tyres do not suffer. and btw, the strap holding the engine cover is sooo delicate as you say. Try to use your nails... but the smooth! My brother didn't have any problems.... but it did take him about 10 min to patiently find a way.

And BTW, I am taking the liberty of locking the topic. Its of no good adding to this one in my opinion. A new fresher topic will do better :cheers

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.