DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the Pan'Am 300SL, and i'm willing to buy one in the near future.
but today i found out that there's not only a green version, but a blue one (1:1 of course). i think it looks better than the green version, so i thought to wait before buying the green one.
because i cant contact CMC because of a server problems, i wanted to ask you, dear DX members, if you know anything about that kind of a CMC future release.
here it is:

(the last one is a clickable thumbnails, but the rest two are just small pics).

well, does anyone knows anything about CMC making a blue versiion of the Pan'Am in the future?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, i saw somwhere over Bernard thread about the Pan'Am that the model will be re-released.

Here some more of this beauty:

:help :tongue

Anyway, does this statement can be confirmed?

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
That blue is very sharp :nicejob

It would be great if they relesed a revised version in this color.

Didn't that eeano jerk mention that CMC was going to re-release this one?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Uranus was only blowing steam and sulphur. He wasn't privy to any kind of secret information from CMC.

·
Registered
910 Posts
The blue / silver 300SL version is not released. I believe, CMC don't release it in the near future; they wont release any Mercedes models for a while. You can read that on their website www.cmc-modelcars.de

I hope I get my new 300SL LeMans this week...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As you all said... i got this today:
Dear Sir,

thank you for your mail. At the moment we have no further plans to produce another version of the 300SL.

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grssen

CMC GmbH

Classic Model Cars

Jens Weller

Export Manager
TRAGEDY :pullhair :ranting

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Slightly off topic, maybe lots off topic, when I was in Costa Rica last month, we had occassion to travel the Pan American Highway, as it passes along the Western edge of this country. We actually took it North to Nicaragua, and South to a town in Costa Rica called Canas. Through Costa Rica (at least the section we experienced), the road, which is much traveled by big 18-wheel freight trucks, is a pot-hole filled two lane roadway, much in need of repair. Once we crossed the border into Nicaragua (a much poorer country than Costa Rica, by the way), the road was much improved, and well maintained.

I don't believe the Carrera Pan America ever got down this far, but having traveled the roadway gave me a sense of connection to my road racing background.

Again, as before, thanks for letting an old man indulge.

Back to the more important issues: :cheers

:wink

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.