DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Euro Car Collector
1,125 Posts
This is my very first model by CMC and I am impressed, It is a limited edition this one being 1925/3000
There is great detail, I especially like the interior and this will most likely not be my last CMC

Enjoy!!!!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Car Wheel Hood Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Wheel Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
Nice, I've been after the number 4 version of this one for a while now, prices seem to keep going up & up though :(

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Great add...wish I'd added the Ricko version of this when they were available (the CMC is way out of my price range).

I always really liked the looks of these.

·
Euro Car Collector
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great add...wish I'd added the Ricko version of this when they were available (the CMC is way out of my price range).

I always really liked the looks of these.
Keep searching and you can get models like this for great deals. i got this on www.scale18.com sale for only $129 thats Autoart prices

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
I'm still on the hunt for one (but the number 4 car) I have a few questions though, where there two different boxes/releases for this one? I've seen the Silver box which current CMC models have & an older White one with Blue lettering - aside from that is the model the same?

I do still like it, but a lot seem to be imperfect, most have cracked number roundels, they seem to flake along the door edge, aside from this are there any other things to look out for?
It must be 1/18 not a 1/24

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Craig, the CMC SLs were amongst the first of the CMC releases in 1/18 scale. Like the W196 open wheel F1 cars these can be prone to zinc pest. I have two that are eroding before my eyes. Be very careful before buying such models as many are prone to this issue. CMC even offered to replace these items years ago. I'm not sure if the Panamerica SLs suffer the same affliction but the Le Mans SLs are infamous for it.

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
Craig, the CMC SLs were amongst the first of the CMC releases in 1/18 scale. Like the W196 open wheel F1 cars these can be prone to zinc pest. I have two that are eroding before my eyes. Be very careful before buying such models as many are prone to this issue. CMC even offered to replace these items years ago. I'm not sure if the Panamerica SLs suffer the same affliction but the Le Mans SLs are infamous for it.
Thanks Simon, I've seen that number 21 car is known for that (I think I saw a thread where you'd mentioned it) the model seems pretty hard to get hold of now too & prices are about £150 ($ 235 US) you're right though, if it's prone to this I'll have to really careful , to be honest though I think it'll be hard for me to get one that's in perfect condition :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts