DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to Gary for giving me such a good deal on the SLR. I know quite a few members here have already provided their impressions and reviews of the model, so I just want to give you all my .02 on this model I have.

My initial impression of the model is very good when I first saw his, when I looked at this one, I'm a little disappointed by the way the photoetched logos are applied - they are crooked. Fortunately, it's not too hard to correct that problem. I am however not very impressed by the way the PE parts are applied. There are too much glue residue on the PE parts, especialyl compare to the clean application on the 300SL Gullwing from Minichamps. There are some white powder material on the dash that I was able to clean up, other than the two issues I have, the model is very well made. The tire sidewall is still too thick to my taste, but I guess it will be too difficult for them to put all the branding and markings on the tire if it's too thin. The car has a lot of metal components that are very well done, the doors and the bonnet/hood are work of arts, and panel gaps are quite taut. I think the engine detail is what really sold on me, the level of details in the engine on this car is fantastic and the car's overall shape is well modelled in my opinion. I also like the detail on the undercarriage and all the rivets fitted underneath. The rims are well detailed with valve stems and fully detailed brake discs, though I have to say the spacing between the rim and the discs is a little too far apart.

Anyway, more photos of the SLR in case anyone is interested:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Congratulations on your first CMC. :happy
Now that you have the SLR, you'd need the Enzo and CGT. :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice Kev! I didn't know this was the color you got

The silver never looked this good! :tongue
Oh and great job on the logo correction! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I would've preferred antracite as well, but this one is too good to pass on :tongue

Now I need an Enzo and a CGT, possibily a production Veyron... :pullhair

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on the new addition.

Is the gas door spring loaded, I've always wondered about it?

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Nope. It's supported by struts, like the real car... so to get it to stay up, you'll have to push it all the way up, or else it'll come back down... at least that's what happens on mine :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice one Kev.............your first but not your last CMC, but i guess you know that. :giggle
good pics mate :nicejob

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congratulation! :cheers The CMC SLR (mine's black) is my favorite models of my entire collection!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So you are the early bird who got the EGGO. Congrats. I only wish I caught that 993 Porsche Turbo S in yellow by UT you were selling a while ago. I still need that one for the set. :cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.