DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am very interested in this model ie the Mclaren/mercedes 2003 car, and I'm wondering what peoples opinion of it is? Is it a must have? I have heard the interior has real leather? :feedback
thx

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Odin, I think the only complaint that I read about this car is in regards to the wheels, that supposedly are too small. Other then that I've only read people raving about it. I don't plan on getting one solely because I don't like the 1:1, but as far as the 1:18 goes, it's an exceptional model.

G

·
No way would I buy it !!!!

I think the metalflakes in the metallic paint are way too big , the Mercedes badge on the nose is off centre (on the one I saw anyway ) and it has problems with the door hinges.

Shahel has one and he said 3 he looked at had the badge problem and his door also snapped off even though he was being careful in handling it . I have also heard from a retailer friend that a trade wholesaler had them on display and all suffered from broken doors.

Maybe CMC need to address this as it seems a common problem .

:mine

G

·
Hi Odin,

I am the very proud owner of the blue w/grey leather interior version. I love it and the quality is outstanding. in my opinion it has to be one of the top 3 1:18 models out there. I think it is only the black metallic that suffers from large metallic flakes, as the blue is flawless (black looks ok in the metal - i think that it just doesn't photograph well).
The wheels are a little small, but on the positive site they are made of metal, not plastic. In fact the whole body of the SLR is made from pressed copper.

You can tell this model is quality just by holding it. The underside is superbly made, and is fitted with loads of tiny screws that look like rivets. And the engine detail :danbana :danbana .

The SLR is a bit delicate, so you need to be careful when opening the parts.

I would advise you to buy one, as if i could afford it i'd buy every colour released by CMC!

:cheers

(If there is any more questions you want to ask about the SLR, just fire away).

·
Registered
298 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree I have the Antracite with red leather, and I think that it is an awesome thing...according to the leaflet in the box, the leather is exactly the same as that used on the originals...Also, there is a display of them at the McLaren facility where they are built to show potential customers the colours available

:cheers

G

·
It's a nice model if you can afford it I have had probs with 2 of them, but very minor besides the one the door fell off but got that one changed. With the front badge not all are off place just the ones iv had (I have seen ones that look neater).

Id say if you don't mind spending $200+ on a model and you like the SLR as a car and you really want it, it is the best you can get or you can just spend your money on 4 autoarts :cool

G

·
I wish I had mine in by now so I could contribute. It should be in sometime this week. Knowing my bad luck I might end up with one with a bad door or two. I didn't know the rims are made of metal. Very nice. Im so glad I got this model!!

G

·
I have the blue with grey leather, GORGEOUS! is all i can say, my front grill is on strait, just seems to be sitting a little angled, other then that the only complaint i have about mine, ITS NOT SILVER ON RED! I am thinking about possibly grabbing the silver on red in the 1:12 scale as i have 2 being offered to me at the moment.. just 2k+.. that i DONT know about....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts