DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
As chaotic as it looks, that's still a treasure room! :cool:(y)

I also see a fortune in wall mounted acrylic displays! Before I settled for my current cabinets, I was seriously thinking of those Carney acrylic ones, they do look pretty awesome.
I have a few Carney cases and I'm very pleased.with how they've worked for my collection. It keeps them out of reach and reasonably protected, while still showing them off and giving me te enjoyment of seeing them daily.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also see a fortune in wall mounted acrylic displays! Before I settled for my current cabinets, I was seriously thinking of those Carney acrylic ones, they do look pretty awesome.
I wanted stand-alone, but the wife said if I wanted to do this due to space, kids, etc., I would need to go for wall mount. These look very well done and I hope my plan works!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
LOL I'm with you Turtle... I've got a decently sized collection with the boxes displayed in my mancave for nearly a decade - I do like some of the boxes though such as the BBRs and GMPs in 1:18 diecast, and among aviation models Century Wings, Air Commander, JC Wings, Gemini - they all look rather neat and beautiful.

One of these days I'll display the models inside and hopefully like them as much as I like the boxes. So yes you could say I am a cardboard collector as much as a model collector
:whistle:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I tend to do the same by keeping the cardboard boxes and all the peanuts that come with it, I always think what if in-case I need to ship out one of my models.
That's what I've doing, too. Some eBay sellers do such a nice job on the packaging, I try not to disturb the arrangements inside the parcel box when pulling the model box out... in the event I decide to sell the model, I already have the packaging sorted!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So you went for a walk mount display, nice choice. They are the best for quickly getting your modes on display and being able to swap ones out easily. Just make sure you anchor them well!
No problem there. Building an office shed to display them (and well, work 😃). We placed 2x4 blocks are between all the regular 2x4s for anchoring. Now I need to get some UV reducing film for the cases and windows.
Property Wood Flooring Ceiling Beam

·
Registered
290 Posts
I really need to jumpstart displaying. Everything has been sitting like this for who knows how long:
That's going to be a fun weekend digging into all those boxes!!! Reminds me of how my basement was starting to get in a few spots before I started tidying up a little bit. Still have a bit of non-diecast box piles that need purging!

That's what I've doing, too. Some eBay sellers do such a nice job on the packaging, I try not to disturb the arrangements inside the parcel box when pulling the model box out... in the event I decide to sell the model, I already have the packaging sorted!
It's almost an art form in-it-of-itself! I've amassed quite a bit of plastic bubble wrap, but have only kept one or two boxes that weren't damaged in the event I need to ship a diecast I'm selling.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts