DiecastXchange Forum banner
421 - 440 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Cheers William - I'm glad that you like my funny project!!

I accidentally drifted into this and really enjoyed exploring what can be derived from one single pic.
And now it's a true pleasure to have the opportunity of sharing all the results with this great DX community...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·

When someone, BOS, finally announced they were making a Vista Cruiser model I was very excited; and when they after much time released the later '70's restyle, I was even more so. The custom van that I am putting back together has a Vista Cruiser roof and the tie in with Oldsmobile and such an iconic vehicle as the Vista Cruiser/ Buick Sport Wagon was quite the draw.

This model though has it's short falls; namely the ride height; I will come back to that. The others are the painted in bright work trim around the windows and lack of interior detail; I will be take the fact it does not open as fact as it is a resin model. But, meaning a hefty American but; it is a big, heavy model and it looks very good. The paint is overall very good, the window tint on the upper quarter glass is decent. This is the kind of model that if you can appreicate a good station wagon model or have a connection to type of car, then its a must have. Well, it was for me at least.

One last mention on the horrible ride height. This model looks like it is being lifted and is at the point where the wheels are going to come off the ground. For the photos, this wouldn't do, so at first I lowered in Photoshop as seen inteh first two, but it was very time consuming. So, I got my Dremel out and did a quick lower of the actual model, the final two photos.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
I don't normally post pics of cars I just got, or this case, got back. Though I am so excited about my first customized by Steph's who made a wish come to reality. Based on a real car with better pics to come. I just started editing the photos of the f12 before it was shipped to Steph's when it still wore its yellow garment.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Nice add William!!

And lucky you:
I tried to place an order with Steph some months ago but he didn't accept - something about being overbooked this year.
Anyway, someday I will try to realise my idea in DIY...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
Nice add William!!

And lucky you:
I tried to place an order with Steph some months ago but he didn't accept - something about being overbooked this year.
Anyway, someday I will try to realise my idea in DIY...
Thanks Dirk, sorry to hear about yours. I know he got back up after he had to shut down for Covid. There was a big delay on mine and I am sure others, but he was good at getting back to me every so often and letting me know any progress. I would have it a month sooner but I also ordered a set of Novitec rims as well.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·
Very nice pairing with the 250 GTO and love the custom blue seats. Many 1:1 Ferrari collections are also like this.
Thank you and agree, I am looking forward to shooting and displaying the together; along with the Monza. Missing the 599 gto in the same colours but I have plans to get that one.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
2015 Ferrari F12 berlinetta Tour De France '64 Part 1: The Model Before the customizing.

After getting my 1964 Ferrari 250gto in now iconic Tour De France, which I have yet to shoot, I poking around Google Images and found several modern Ferrari's which were had been clad in that lovely bright Silver Metallic paint with the yellow strip draped width wise across the bonnet. Among of which were the 599 GTO which preisman showed off, a F12tdf of course, and a F12. The F12 was actually a custom model done by Ferrari's Tailor Made department, a package which could be ordered bespoke by F12 owners. I don't know how many were actually made, maybe just the one; but that paint scheme on my favorite modern Ferrari and I was hooked.

My first 1:18 F12 was a Hotwheels Foundation model, a picture of said model won me my first POTM. I was so taken with it that I got the Elite version and I love it, haven't taken many photos of that model but it has appeared in a few.

My goal was to customize the foundation model but things went a different way. Thanks to Ironism, I got a beautiful yellow elite F12 and that model was shipped off to France to Steph's Replicarz for the conversation. Thanks to Covid delays I just got that model back near a month ago and I have yet to shoot the model as it is now. But before I sent it off, I did a quick shoot of it still in its yellow pearl outfit. The paint looked way better in person and I felt a little bad doing the colour change on..but there were a few chips and well it was going to be a one off and something even more special.

That all for now, I have a few more artsy shots of the car in yellow.

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
Good looking photos, that yellow looks real nice. Although, it looks better now in the classic Tour de France silver livery. Congrats on finally getting it back.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Nice pics, William - this pearl yellow really looks great on the F12!!

The yellow Elite F12 was my first non-red Ferrari and I loved it. (Only downer for me being the half side windows.)

Meanwhile I had to let the model go like a couple of other models this year:
After a period of too many more spontaneous purchases (grabbed just what I liked) I ran out of my limited storage space. Therefore I am trying to reshape/refocus my collections a bit.
It is a hard decision to let a good model go. But there is no other way since there are still some models out there which are really tempting to me...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
Looks Fantastic in the Yellow,pity you changed this model but when do you say stop to the colours you want. Loving what you have shown here.
Thanks Darren, I agree, it does look good in yellow and I don't see many for sale on Ebay. I had intentions of maybe painting my basic Hot Wheels silver but I hadn't really thought of it until about the time John got his 599 fro Steph's and I thought why not see if he could do it, and then I ended getting the yellow elite from Ironism so it came together.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
Nice one, William!!
You created the perfect mood with the lighting and the scenery...
Ah thank you Mr. Dirk, it was a good subject to try some new little lights I got. My brother gave me this Batmobile, after I gave him some of the other 1:24 batmobiles; course he went and order all of them hehe. I got to see this one in person when I was a teen at a local car show; it is my favorite.

421 - 440 of 522 Posts