DiecastXchange Forum banner
481 - 500 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·

I repainted the interior on this pretty blue one off by Steph's a few months back now; and it turned out very nice and gives it a more tailor made look of a real Ferrari.

Reactions: samuelbdn and cwbs

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
It looks very hot, congrats, and I also like the X-ray type picture, cool effect so show some of the interior too. The body color is just stunning!
Thank you Jano!. The see though effect was the best way I could think of to show off the interior, inspired in some 1:1 ads of car interiors only with some of the body ghosted in to keep the shape of the car.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·

1/24th scale WIX se by Team Caliber.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
The last picture from the shoot of this car. I was trying out some little spot lights that I bought over the holidays for Mom's small Christmas village. Christmas is over and the village put away so I just playing around with this one; the spot lights made for some harsh lightening as a color photo but it works for me as a b&w. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
Very nice image, I really like your composition with the figures! (y)

I see you made diffuser panels for the American Diorama soft boxes, well done! They look quite ugly out of the box because they're all black, and the little bulb emits some weird yellow light, so I like your solution!
Thank you and your right they do look better. I tried using them as they are but they do not look right and as you say the bare bulbs are harsh so I cut a couple of bits of paper and taped them on. I think I have actual diffuser material around here somewhere in a sample pack but it is just for looks anyway. The yellow light is harsh, it is like the old tungsten strobes hehe.

One of the best compositions i've seen in this forum! (y) (y) (y)
What's the aperture you used?
High praise sir, thanks. I got the new backdrop and was testing it out with some bright shots of it which I used for some pics of an Oldsmobile which I am working on now; and some darker shots with the GTO. I also had not done anything with the figurines in a while.

I had to look it up but the metadata shows..f5.6 @ 1/50th..ISO 400. I shot 41 images, but I only used 38 or 39 as I didn't need the focus to go back so far.

Just with my old Iphone...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 ·
Very beautiful photography. That 250 looks stunning, you capture it perfectly!
Thank you Jon, I suppose It is possible to take bad picture of a great looking car but when the subject looks that good it does make it a bit easier.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Thank you and your right they do look better. I tried using them as they are but they do not look right and as you say the bare bulbs are harsh so I cut a couple of bits of paper and taped them on. I think I have actual diffuser material around here somewhere in a sample pack but it is just for looks anyway. The yellow light is harsh, it is like the old tungsten strobes hehe.

High praise sir, thanks. I got the new backdrop and was testing it out with some bright shots of it which I used for some pics of an Oldsmobile which I am working on now; and some darker shots with the GTO. I also had not done anything with the figurines in a while.

I had to look it up but the metadata shows..f5.6 @ 1/50th..ISO 400. I shot 41 images, but I only used 38 or 39 as I didn't need the focus to go back so far.

Just with my old Iphone...

Nice stacking job! Well done!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Great result, William - such a nice scene with this iconic car! 👏
I really loce what you did here! :love:

~40 pictures for the stack is quite impressive.
Did you merge them by using a special software?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #499 ·
Great result, William - such a nice scene with this iconic car! 👏
I really loce what you did here! :love:

~40 pictures for the stack is quite impressive.
Did you merge them by using a special software?
Thanks Dirk, glad you like it; I'd say successful test of the backdrop lol. I used to merge layers with Photoshop and then spend an hour or so fixing what Photoshop "goofed" in it's masking when It blended them. Now though I use Helicon Focus to merge them and I use so many layers because it helps to eliminate gaps between the layers in the blending.

481 - 500 of 524 Posts