DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Entertainment Event Space Graphics

Hi all,

Voting is over and I am pleased to to announce that the winner of Decembers POTM contest is rony_dg with his awesome
Skyline RS Turbo Super Silhouette 1982 picture!!!

Thank you to the members who took part. If you didn't vote, there is a huge contest coming up shortly! And I won't let up till more members take the time to vote. I will make nominations and voting featured threads, so they will be on the front / home page of the forum.

If you took the time to vote, thank you!! I will be starting the 2021 Picture of the Year contest tomorrow, so please stayed tuned for that!

Anyway, a huge congrats to @rony_dg !!! :cool::cool::cool:

Premium Member
Rony, you nailed it this month. Great photo.

• Love
Reactions: rony_dg

Registered
First of all a huge thanks to @preisman for nominating my photo, I really appreciate this gesture and cheers to that! Thanks again to all those who voted and took part in this contest. @Craig I know how difficult it is to manage and run these contests. Hats off to your consistency in making this contest fun and interactive for all.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On another note, it is a pity that not more than 15-20 people are voting even though there are twice that many active members on the forum if not more. Come on people. Show some love for the time and effort taken by our fellow collectors.
Yep! It annoys the hell out of me! Month in month out, not many members seem to care. Even when I have been flexible and changed up the rules to increase participation. I did the 'free for all' nominate whatever you like Bonus contest in the hope to get more interest in the contest, but even that did get the interest I hoped it would.

At the end of the day, if members are not interested, I will just stop doing the contest (I don't mean give it up for someone else to take it over) it will stop all together.

Reactions: cwbs

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First of all a huge thanks to @preisman for nominating my photo, I really appreciate this gesture and cheers to that! Thanks again to all those who voted and took part in this contest. @Craig I know how difficult it is to manage and run these contests. Hats off to your consistency in making this contest fun and interactive for all.
Congratulations on your win rony!! It's a great picture & thank you to preisman for nominating it. It's seeing the wonderful array of pictures nominated each month that makes doing to contest worthwhile!

Cheers guys! and thank you to all to take the time to take part!! Fist bumps!! 馃憡馃憡馃憡

Reactions: rony_dg

Registered
Congrats @rony_dg!

At the end of the day, if members are not interested, I will just stop doing the contest (I don't mean give it up for someone else to take it over) it will stop all together.
I can't speak for anyone except myself, but I do appreciate the work you (and the others) put into this site. I've only been active for a month, but can already see who are the staples here and keep the place going whereas most communities are either dead or on Facebook (and likely cesspools and should be put out of their misery). I don't frequent all active forums so I obviously miss some great photos so I enjoy these contests (and perhaps one day, when I find the time to take photos, participate as well).

I no longer have the time to physically browse diecasts (plus many of the places I frequented are gone and covid) nor the income (cause life sadly) so it's great to have such a friendly and up-to-date resource that can steer me in the right direction in terms of subject matter, quality, and cost.

Obviously I can't tell you how to attract attention, but your (and again, other active and engaged members) effort doesn't go unnoticed.

And sorry if this sounds like a$$ kissing as it's not meant to. I just know the feeling of putting in a lot of effort and others seemingly not giving a s***. All I can say is my wallet is glad I didn't discover this place years ago!! 馃槄

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's fair. I guess it's just how it is. It is a kick in the teeth though putting in the work for not many (considering the amount of traffic we get) to not care (n)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts