DiecastXchange Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
1) Love the way the Billy cabinets are from floor to ceiling. Solid choice.

2) you have an impressive collection, how long have you been collecting? Simple math tells me you have room for 192 cars..that's insane!
Thanks! I'm really happy with how they turned out

I've been collecting since the late 90s. It goes in spurts as I hadn't picked up many for a few years but the last two I started picking up a lot again. We'll see what happens this year though as I've a lot of traveling and I filled the Billy's...... I currently have over 260 and the shelves are pretty much full but I've started to line them up in threes. I'll get some pics up soon of the shelves and how I sealed them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've been traveling a lot so been neglecting posting here. I also wanted to hold back on purchases this year but as you all know it sooooo hard to limit myself.....

I got the Technomodel Mangusta today. It was a bit of a holy grail for me as I've been looking for over a year. I passed on one locally last year as it sold for something like $400 and it wasn't worth that to me. I got this for a little more than the original price but it included shipping so it was a wash and I'm content on what I paid. Like the Evoras the windows are the flimsy plastic type and the window trim is stuck on it rather than cast but overall it displays very well. Not that I'm picking it up but a bit more weight wouldn't go astray on these either.

And with some Italian American counterparts

The Grifo is from BoS, the Facel is from Sunstar and the Pantera is Hotwheels

·
Registered
9,126 Posts
I love it! Should have got one at release when it was "affordable", glad you got one for a fair price! tecnomodels are always overpriced unfortunately so it really has to be a cool car to be worth it and thats one here!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Love the Mangusta and would like to get one. Also am I the only one that thinks we need more Facel Vega in 1:18? Unique French cars with American engines.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Never had I heard of this Mangusta, I had to google it, but it looks really cool, super nice model!.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Wow, what a beautiful car - congrats to the Mangusta, Cornbeef!!!

Love the Mangusta and would like to get one. Also am I the only one that thinks we need more Facel Vega in 1:18? Unique French cars with American engines.
Fully agree, Arnage!

CMC should do a Facel Vega!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Fully agree, Arnage!

CMC should do a Facel Vega!!
[/quote]

A CMC one would be awesome

·
Registered
258 Posts
So to my latest additions

Wifey surprised me for my bday with these from my never ending list....

The Lotus 16 wasn't a very successful F1 car but Chapman's first F1 car and obviously I needed it to keep my Lotus collection up to date. It is the best of my Technomodels to date. The quality is very close to the Spark 24,25 & 33. The details on the Sparks are a little crisper (like the suspension) but this is close. Again the debate of cost comes up as this was prob $100+ more than the Sparks so while it's good, it would be better value at Spark money. Back in the day I was paying this sort of money for my Exotos...... FWIW considering it's known as the mini Vanwall, the Replicarz Vanwall is also a slightly better model at a cheaper price point.

Anyways it's a car I needed for my collection as it is nice but the price is a little steep for what you get.

She also got me a Minichamps Auto Union Type C and a CMC Auto Union Type D - I'll get some pics of them up soon

For now the Lotus 16 pics

And with a couple of friends - a BoS 11 and the Spark 24

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Belated congrats to your birthday, Cornbeef!
The Lotus looks nice - especially the paint seems to be great quality!!

3 models as birthday gift? Wow - you are a lucky man!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Belated congrats to your birthday, Cornbeef!
The Lotus looks nice - especially the paint seems to be great quality!!

3 models as birthday gift? Wow - you are a lucky man!
Thanks!

I am! I'm glad I passed that list on a while ago;)

As with the other Technomodels the paint is excellent

·
Registered
258 Posts
The Technomodel Lotus 40 came in. Overall it is as my other Technomodels. It's a nice niche model, great paint although this one seems to have a little better detail than some of the others. However, the decals could be better. Overall a decent model but again not really worth the price, it i need it to keep the Lotus collection up to date so I have to suck it up.

With my Lotus collection I pick the major cars, winners and or championship winners. The more successful Riverside car wasn't available when I ordered this so it's the Brands Hatch one. I'm ok with it as the 40 wasn't a successful car anyway.

Anyway here's some pics

The clear "glass" over the stacks seems a little chintzy especially as I don't know if the real thing was like that

With the BoS 11

Jim Clark's 38 Indy winner (Carousel one) , the 40 and his 49 (first win) (Exoto)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Now for something not Lotus

I got the Premium Classixxs NAG Bussing Auto Union transporter.

It looks well with the Type C & D and the world record car.

When I get a chance I'll post up some more pics of the C & D. I was happy with the Minichamps C until I got the CMC D and I think I need to get a CMC C also

With the Revell Type C Streamliner

With the CMC Type D and Minichamps Type C

And all my Audi's, Horchs and Auto Unions

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've been busy for the last while but getting back on here for a while. Following up to the last update, here's some more Auto Unions

CMC Auto Union Type D

With the Revell Record car and Minichamps Type C

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Excellent models and loving the detail on the CMC close up photos.
Thanks! It's funny. The Minichamps on its own is decent especially as it's just on a shelf but the CMC is in a different league. The details on it are amazing. Even stuff like the spokes, the Minichamps looks fine until compared with the delicate ones on the CMC

·
Registered
771 Posts
Interesting how the Minichamps looks like a toy when compared to the CMC... those wheels sule look like them old Bburago classic models. But the CMC isn't void of quirks, I never understook why they thought a painted plastic steering wheel was a good option.
I actually worked on a W196 from a "customer" of mine and one of the things I instantly changed was the steering wheel... and it immediately changes the quality look of the model's interior.

Wished you would've shown the engine bay, there's where the beauty of these models really reside (that V12 is a work of art on its own right; not the V16 but still impressive)!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Interesting how the Minichamps looks like a toy when compared to the CMC... those wheels sule look like them old Bburago classic models. But the CMC isn't void of quirks, I never understook why they thought a painted plastic steering wheel was a good option.
I actually worked on a W196 from a "customer" of mine and one of the things I instantly changed was the steering wheel... and it immediately changes the quality look of the model's interior.

Wished you would've shown the engine bay, there's where the beauty of these models really reside (that V12 is a work of art on its own right; not the V16 but still impressive)!
Sorry, I've been really slacking. Here you go!

61 - 80 of 101 Posts