DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my newest addition. This time, it is the Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 made by Hot Wheels. It's in yellow and Hot Wheels only makes the Z06 in yellow as far as I know. I've seen the C6 Coupe and C6 Cabriolet many times at grocery stores, and I was always let down with the how the colour was applied on the model. I fell in love with the yellow Z06 when I first saw it a hobby shop. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get it then as my budget limited me.

Today, when going to the mall, I went to take a look at Zellers, and I was commenting to my dad how they probably won't have anything new in stock and there's no point going in there looking for the "holy grail" (i.e. more great Maisto GT line cars like the CLK-LM or R8).

Well lo and behold Zellers had gotten some new stock in. They had loads of new Hot Wheels models and some Maisto ones (tho no GT line ones). They had two Viper GTS-R's by Hot Wheels (may get one of those some time), and they also had this Vette, some Mustang's, and they also had a McMerc SLR by Maisto. It was between this and the SLR, and I decided I'll pick up the SLR at a later date.

Anyway, this Vette cost me only $25 final sale price, which was a great deal in my opinion. It :tease has spinning rotors and static brake calipers, the rims look pretty good, the interior is also quite good for its price, the engine is ok, nothing special, but not bad either. The trunk is bland, just a hard plastic trunk, but the car looks good from the front and back and side in my opinion, and I really love the color and I love the price as well.

Anyway, enjoy the pics.

Meeting its new friends.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations!

G

·
Congrats on the new Z06 - I am a big fan of Hot Wheels's version.

Your box is different from the one mine came in :confused

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Congrats! :cheers I found one at Target, but picked up the Mustang GT instead because I was low in "diecast" cash. I went back to get the Z06 and it was gone! :pullhair

Should had hidden it! :lol

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one came in what seems like a newly released box. Only seen these recently (a month ago) at Toys R Us.

I think I'll go back to Zellers in a week or two to get either that Maisto SLR in silver or the blue Viper GTS-R.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I almost bought this Hot Wheels yellow Z06. It looks great....

...but I convinced myself to wait for the AUTOart version instead.

Congratulation though! :cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.