DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Today my red Hot Wheels Corvette C6 came, and to be honest, I was quite surprised. The interior stands out most to me because it's actually a pretty good effort.

Paint:

The paint on this Hot Wheels's, like most other Hot Wheels's, is near perfect.
Only a few bumps here and there on the whole car. Paint is also applied evenly and everything, from what I can see, is covered. 7/8

Exterior:

The exterior of the model shows the lines and curves of the real thing very well. Panel gaps, for the most part are tight. I do however have a little trouble getting the rear hatch to close. Doors open on the regular Hot Wheels's dog legs, and so does the hood and rear hatch.

Now comes the headlights. At first when I saw the model in pictures, the black outline, or as I like to call them "glasses", don't look too bad. They seem to be tampos and may not be easy to remove.

Front fog lights and turn signals are real fixtures although the mounting posts are very noticable. The rear turn signals are also real fixtures. The back-up lights at the rear of the car are not, they are only painted on. And finally, the tail lights. They look really good and have no signs of mounting posts anywhere.

The car seems to be right on scale because when placed by a C5 model, the C6 is shorter and has slightly larger wheels. 7/8

Interior:

The interior, like I said before, is the part of this car that stands out to me. Although there is no carpet, Hot Wheels's did a pretty good job. The seats have a leather-like feel to them but there are no seatbelts. The center console looks, should I say this...like an AutoArt from a few years ago. Another great job by Hot Wheels's.

Steering wheel looks OK, but the 'Vette logo is a sticker and doesn't look right. Gauges look good but they are stickers as well. Overall, the interior is one, if not the best Hot Wheels's has done. 6/8

Wheels/Brakes:

The wheels on the C6 were also done nicely. They seem to have a little to much chrome, but look fine nontheless. The logo's, unfortunately, are stickers just like the one on the steering wheel.

Brakes are OK. The calipers look good but the discs don't, they are a bright silverish-flat gray plastic and look cheap. The discs do turn separately from the fixed calipers. 5/6

Engine/Underside Detail:

Engine detail on the C6 is OK. Although it is essentially one or two pieces of black plastic, quite a bit of detail is present. The Corvette logo's on the engine are the only non-black things in the bay. The underside of the hood features the new Corvette emblem. 5/8

Competition:

As of right now, only Mattel/Hot Wheels can make the C6 because they aquired exclusive rights. 6/6

Desirability:

This model will most likely never be rare, but even so, it is worth getting. For the amount of detail you get for the low price, it's worth the cost. I only paid $23 plus shipping. 3/6

Overall:

All in all, Hot Wheels did a good job. The engine could use some detail as well as the underside, but the interior and overall quality of the model more than makes up for these shortcomings. If your a Corvette fan or just want the newest 'Vette, this is a must have for you.

39/50

**Review added to the DX Model Review Database**

G

·
very good review Justin!! :nicejob :nicejob ,
seems to be a high score for a Hot Wheels

I will be getting this one but haven't decided on colour yet , I also like ur watermark 4 the fotos :happytwo

·
Registered
399 Posts
Great review Justin :cheers :cheers :cheers

Looks like I'll be searching through the local Wallmarts and TRU's to find one of these ASAP. :cheers :cheers

G

·
Thanks for posting the review. :cheers

I woulf have docked it twenty points for the non removal of the targa :ranting

The interior doesn't look bad, I've always had a thing for saddle interior. :cheers

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't understand why they didn't make the targa removable either.

That would have been a nice feature.

G

·
Someone is bound to make good on that mistake. :cheers

Sadly to say, I have decided not to get this model...I'm sure I'll have to drag myself from it when I see it. :lol

G

·
Im going to get it provided I have money. It looks great. I figure I will be able to compare it to the Maisto version (which I know isnt out yet but but by reading carefully into Nostradomus' predictions it is sure to be made by maisto, I mean they made basically all the other C's) which I like doing. Also I think I can be confident enough to say that Maisto's (if they make it) will be marginally better.

my 2 pennys.

p.s. The Corvette emblem under the hood is nice. :nicejob

G

·
FordGT said:
Come on...........you know you want a C6!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol
Your right, I do want one, but this just doesn't do it for me.

The targa top is a must removal for me, factor in the fact that the saddle headliner peeks out from under the targa is the final straw. :eek:hmy

G

·
I like the new C6, but the model is just disappointing. I just can't get over the black headlight surrounds, the front light detail, the attachment stubs on the indicators, and everything being so plasticky.

I guess I've been spoiled by AUTOart. :ranting

G

·
:danbanna Thanks for that great review FGT! I got the silver C6 from a local shop about a week ago, and feel that it is a good representation of the 1:1 C6 for that price. :rant Now, I don't care if the targa top dosn't come off! In fact, I prefer it that way, as all of my Vettes are displayed with tops on/up if possible. I'm a coupe guy, always have been, always will be. T-tops, rag tops, targa tops are for p----s! You can keep your flexible flyers. in my opinion nothing can compare to the shape of a well designed coupe, especially a car with a cloth top, or (an incomplete) one thats missing part or all of its roof.

P.S. Sorry about that little tirade! As the wife says, I "have issues"...the strong dislike of softtops, is one of many. Smile! By the way, the missing letters are "osers" as in Posers.

G

·
CollectorX said:
Im going to get it provided I have money. It looks great. I figure I will be able to compare it to the Maisto version (which I know isnt out yet but but by reading carefully into Nostradomus' predictions it is sure to be made by maisto, I mean they made basically all the other C's) which I like doing. Also I think I can be confident enough to say that Maisto's (if they make it) will be marginally better.

my 2 pennys.

p.s. The Corvette emblem under the hood is nice. :nicejob
I thoughy Hot Wheels had exclusive right to the C6, am I wrong?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They do, right now anyways.

But, if Mattel can give the money, they might have the rights for a loooooong time.

I'm sure GM, I hope, will think and go outside the Hot Wheels's box.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thanks for the review, FordGT. :cheers
The model looks like it's one of Hot Wheels's finest efforts but it's a shame about the thick paint around the headlights.

·
Registered
409 Posts
calgary7er said:
Great review Justin :cheers :cheers :cheers

Looks like I'll be searching through the local Wallmarts and TRU's to find one of these ASAP. :cheers :cheers
Kewl Review :cheers

Got mine at my local Target tonight, $17.99 plus tax and it's the Silver one.

Kinda dissapointed with that rear end. You can see the metal bar that connects one wheel to another. They could have at least hidden it like the Lambo GTR. The wheels/tires also need to be wider in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts