DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corvette Z06 in Electron Blue by Maisto. This color was only available at Target stores and thier production numbers aren't known. It is however a great effort by Maisto considering the $16 price tag. It was released a few years ago so the detail isn't like todays Maisto(is that a bad thing though!?). They seemed to have captured the look of the 1:1 well, only the mounting posts and plastic roof seeming unrealistic.

Enjoy the photos! :cheers

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
That does look good for a budget price Justin. I always think that Maistos come so close to being really, really good for budget prices, but then have a few things that let them down. For instance, the really shiny 'chrome' plastic that they use everywhere. On this model for example, the exhausts just look a little crude compared to the rest of the exterior.

What are the brakes like on this - do you have a shot of them? That's the other thing that often lets them down.

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Boy, I remeber the fuss over these cars and the crazy money people were willing to pay :giggle

Very :coolpics :cheers

G

·
One of the nicest colours on a Vette that Ive ever seen .

That last pic is fantastic Justin ...it looks real :10

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I put one on eBay at the height of that craze and gor $85 for it! :dizzy

Great pics as always Justin. :cheers The exclusive color for Target was only for one year. It became available at other places a couple of years later. I found them at Sam's a couple of years later and I bought all a store had to give out as gifts. The release of the AUTOart in the same color also killed the high value of them.

G

·
Justin,

Awesome pics as usual - :cheers

I remember when these hit the shelves and the shortage was very evident.

I think I paid $45 for the one I had and watched the prices just rise from there.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Niiiiice!!! Great color.....Congrats!

....I so can't wait to get my yellow AUTOart Z06!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:iagree Me too, only a few more weeks I suspect! :hot :hot :hot :hot :hot In yellow too, of course!

These EB 'Vette's were everywhere it seemed at one time, but now its like the hardly exist or something! Its a wonderful color for a Corvette too, a real shame Autoart never made one although I hear the LMB is really close anyway? :confused

Thank you as always for the comments everyone! :cheers :cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.