DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UTL wheels was kind enough to send me a free set of wheels after I submitted pictures of my 1:1 and 1:18 S2000. For this set, I plan on swapping out the wheels on my CSM Evo X with UTL's Volk Racing LE37 wheels. The LE37s are the same as the TE37's only with a polished lip. The inner part of the wheel will be bronze. I also plan on adding some, but not all, of the Ralliart decals that I bought off eBay seen here...

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

I already have the wheels off the car and this one was a little odd. The back wheels took a good bit of force to get off but nothing crazy. The front driver's side wheel took almost no force, almost came off on its own. The front passenger side wheel is another story. My fingers still hurt trying to get that SOB off. It took me more time to get that wheel off than the other three wheels combined. I thought I was going to break something. But fortunately I didn't and the brake calipers and rotors were unscathed.

Real LE37 wheels...

The EVO before surgery...

Wheels removed...

Getting an idea of what it will look like. At first glance, it doesn't look like much trimming will be involved.

A couple more shots including the paint I will use.

I'll post pics as the project progresses.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
i like the new ones !!! Great job!!! Fine diecast

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They look very small , and the tires aren't great, maybe the hobby design te37s would be better?
The wheels are about a milimeter in diameter smaller, but the overall diameter is about a milimeter more because of the higher sidewall of the tire. Hobby design wheels are all resin while these ones already have a metal outside that would be hard to duplicate. Plus, these wheels were free...

·
Craig Lilliman
248 Posts
TE37/LE37s are the bomb! Needs moar offset though.
Agreed, bit of camber too!
[/quote]

This, get the offsets a little wider and get a little camber on those rear wheels

It will make all the difference to the final model!!

Looking good though mate, I personally would have got the hobby design wheels but if they were free then I see your point! A free mod is a great mod!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, ran into a little issue... The UTL wheels won't clear the front brake calipers on the EVO.
The inner diameter of the UTL wheel is smaller than the OEMs. So I could change out the calipers or do some sort of modification so they can fit but that sounds like more hassle than it's worth. With that said I'll be returning this one back to stock. You can see the size difference below.

So that leaves me with one question... what car do I add these wheels to?

I'm thinking of picking up a Subaru Legacy or Forester or maybe something silly like an Outlander so I can still use my Ralliart decals...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are ways to make it work, but I was hoping for an easy conversion. I've decided to put the wheels on my Sunset Orange AutoArt Nissan 350z. I may still do the Outlander in the future. I've got an eBay search set up to alert me when new ones are listed. As soon as I find a good deal on one, I'll buy it. Stay tuned for the 350Z!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.