DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to post two of the O317 transporters sold today on eBay, but there is no thread I can post them on.

So my idea is to keep tabs on current prices for models of heavy vehicles, just for fun... or something to come back to in a few years time, and weep/moan about!

These were sold on eBay this Sunday:

€ 478.00
1:18 PREMIUM CLASSIXXS 20000 Mercedes racing van "Porsche" / LA 477 | eBay

These are nice, but not "almost €500" nice. Plus it's made by Ixo, I mean, they're ok but definitely not for that price!

€ 380.00
1:18 SCHUCO MERCEDES MARTINI RENNTRANSPORTER 45 003 2100 / LA 476 | eBay

I'm surprised this Schuco went for almost €100 less than the Premium ClassiXXs above. These Schuco Transporters are way above in terms of quality, they just ooze finesse.

* Text edited to add that the models above were sold at auction yesterday, which I forgot to tell.

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never knew Premium Classixxs made the O317, how good are they.
That's a good question, I'd love to see a comparo between the PC and the Schuco. I've only ever seen the Schuco in person, and I know you have one, so yeah, we know they're really awesome!

Judging only by the pictures I've seen of the PC, they seem to have the same features as the Schuco, but not as nicely executed.

I'd love to get the Schuco, but it would be a bit out of place in my collection because I don't collect the racers to go with it. Now if either Schuco, PC or CMR ever make a 1970's to 1990's passenger bus, I'd buy another cabinet just for it! :love:

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always thought that this PC and Schuco version are exactly the same.
Yeah, I haven't given that possibility much though until now. Why would either PC or Schuco "reinvent the wheel" and spend a fortune developing different moulds? In fact, Ixo/PC might be the ones who own the moulds and then made the transporter for both themselves and Schuco (or vice-versa).

I only have this impression that the finishing touches and the trim is of better quality on the Schuco.

· Registered
96 Posts
Schuco owns PXX catalog. Their newer 1:12 releases are straight old PXX 1:12s and VW Transporters in 1:43 look oddly similar. I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's the same model.
I think the price difference stems from the fact PXX 'doesn't exist' (well, in a way) and that the livery just ooozes with cool ;) There's no better backdrop for any racing Porsche collection.

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Schuco owns PXX catalog. Their newer 1:12 releases are straight old PXX 1:12s and VW Transporters in 1:43 look oddly similar. I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's the same model.
I think the price difference stems from the fact PXX 'doesn't exist' (well, in a way) and that the livery just ooozes with cool ;) There's no better backdrop for any racing Porsche collection.
Well, that explains a lot. I'm wondering now about CMR's O317, maybe Schuco makes it for CMR as well?

Maybe it says who's who on the box, but it seems to me that information on who owns what and who makes what is kept in total secrecy by model car makers, distributors, marketing people... :unsure:

· Registered
96 Posts
Not in total secrecy, check out Sum's model website for example ;) But whatever is not required by law does not have to be disclosed and I've learned most of the who-makes-what through grapevine mentions on hobby sites and from the sellers who seem to have some insider info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts