DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all thought you might be interested in seeing this. With all the ongoing discussions of a future release of Eleanor from the 2000 GIS remake, I stumbled across this one off 1:18 model.

CLICK ME

I really wish someone would just get over all the legal nonsense and make one :pullhair (I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this).

Anyway, this is pretty cool and one of the best i've seen so far. I think this guy has also made a 1:24 plastic kit in the past (of the same car). Enjoy!

:cheers

Julza

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:scared ....it looks more like "Puttyanor"..... (I might be a little hard, but this is what I think!)

....Sorry but, I'm too perfectionist to agree with the term "it looks good". I would never display that with my collection! The side exaust looks all "mushy", the lower headlight seems to have "cross-eyes", don't get me start on the front grill, no shifter, no race-type gas filler, wrong wheels, etc....Sorry.......it doesn't do it for me!

...but let me say what I think about the reason why Caroll Shelby never wanted to let a diecast company, to release Eleanor....

I think ol' Shelby knew that, eventually, he was going to release his own line of diecasts. So I think he wanted to wait and see if that was going to happen before selling the license of his gold mine! There's got to be a reason why he never wanted to let it go....

Because, let's face it, you don't have to be Einstein to know that the one who will be releasing the Wild Gray Horse, can make a fortune out of it (IF IT'S DONE PROPERLY!).

...So I won't be surprise if Shelby Collectibles annouces (in a near future I hope) that they are making a high-quality Eleanor. Because if I'm right and they're really planning this....there a chance that it might already be under study or conception...and they're taking their time not to shoot themselves in the foot with a Junkeanor!

...But hey! ...it just my opinion...but I respect it! :wink

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I have to agree with Jeff. I'm not that impressed with the final result. I know a lot of work was done to get it that far, but a little more time spent working the fine details could have made this an over the top mod.

:cheers
Sean

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Glad to see that someone's agree with me! :hot

I've read again what I wrote, I don't know what I had eating that day...I think I was mad at something and I released the pressure in that topic :giggle

...I stand beside what I wrote ....but I could have been more....gentle! :lol

:iagree with Sean...I know that guy put a lot of work in it but he should've spend more time working the fine details.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts