DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some before and after shots of a custom Corvette diecast that I just finished for a fellow club member. She wanted an exact replica of her Torch Red 1999 Convertible. She had already purchased a Red 1999 Corvette diecast produced by Welly and asked me to modify it to match her real car. The model had a Gray interior and the stock painted wide spoke wheels as well as minimal underhood detailing. Fortunately the Red paint was good on the model so I didn't have to do anything but polish it a little.

I repainted the interior satin Black and detailed the seat belts and pedals. I finished painting the underside of the hood and trunk lid and added black liners with the C5 crossed flags logo on them.

She had added several Chrome dress up items to the engine including battery cover, intake cover, and alternator cover as well as gloss Black fuel rail covers with Red lettering and striping. I replicated the Chrome items from a piece of wide Chrome striping tape. If you leave it attached to the backing, it stays more rigid and you can glue it in place.

I replaced the stock wheels with Chrome Z06 wheels from an Ertl Commemorative Edition Z06 model and detailed the aluminum commponents on the suspension.

I replaced the stock oval exhaust tips with the round Z06 style tips and used Black paint to simulate the louvers on the tail lights and back up lights. Finally, I added her personalized Kentucky license plate to the rear of the car.

I mounted the car in a display case and the base was detailed to look like a Corvette Only Parking space at the National Corvette Museum. In front of the car is the simulated brick side walk with her personalized brick placed in the center.

The model turned out to look exactly like the real car and she was very pleased with it. Hope you guys like it. Take care.

Jon
BEFORE SHOTS

AFTER SHOTS

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Another great job, Jon!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Great work! :cheers Your club members are very lucky to have you in their circle.
One thing I would do is to black-wash the wheels to make the detail pop-out more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.