DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow diecast collectors,

this is my first post on this forum and i believe the best way to make the introduction is trough my current project, good old bburago lamborghini countach.

I decided to custom the model as i already have couple of them in my collection and i wanted one to stand out, unfortunately kyosho and autoart versions are hard to find and i am not very eager to pay that much, so basically my mission is to make the bburago best i can.

Very first thing i decided to work on was interior, personally i find it the weakest spot of the whole model, but like with any other bburago it is a very good base to do some custom work.

Here are some pictures of the work i made las few days. cheers!

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior
Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Wood Athletic shoe
Bumper Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Wood
Product Material property Electrical wiring Auto part Machine
Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Auto part
Hood Automotive lighting Yellow Automotive tire Bumper
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades Automotive design
Wood Metal Fashion accessory Auto part Office equipment
Product Toy Machine Metal Rectangle
Hood Motor vehicle Engineering Machine Technology
Wood Comfort Flooring Hardwood Plywood
Automotive design Wood Office equipment Flooring Auto part
Motor vehicle Toy Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle
Machine Automotive design Plastic Office equipment Electric blue
Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Composite material Auto part
Computer Computer keyboard Peripheral Personal computer Automotive design

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
What a way to introduce yourself. Already shaping up to be a very impressive project!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, that already looks miles better. Looking forward to seeing the progress. And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I managed to lay down the colors of interior including dashboard,

Automotive tire Toy Kitchen utensil Bicycle handlebar Wood

i choose to paint by hand with enamels because i like the slightly uneven finish that i get by working with hand thus simulating the looks of real leather.

Wood Sleeve Bumper Automotive exterior Hardwood

tomorrow i continue with the project with plans of more details including flocking.

Cheers!

·
Registered
758 Posts
It's one of my "Achile's heal" is flocking. I still haven't fine tuned the technique to obtain a uniform cover of the cockpit's surfaces. How are you going to do it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's one of my "Achile's heal" is flocking. I still haven't fine tuned the technique to obtain a uniform cover of the cockpit's surfaces. How are you going to do it?
Hey, right now the project is halted due to severe lack of time cause of my work schedule so i still haven't made any progress even with the flocking.

I get what you are saying, i also had mixed results with flocking in past, i used revell white glue, enamel and i am yet to have perfect result.
with white glue i had bad result but it is possible to remove it after with water and little rubbing,
with enamel i had pretty good results but not perfect cause there where some small spots where the flock has not adhered properly despite applying good amount of paint.

I believe the most important thing is to not remove excess flock until everything it is fully dried to glue/paint but im not sure...

If anyone has any tips to get better results i would also like to know.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally i got some time to work on my projects, but instead of continuing on the original one i decided to start another countach which i got from ebay for 15 euro total :D

This time around i was more confident of how to approach things since i had experience from the first one.
Also i am taking it slow since there is no chance of painting in following months due to cold and wet weather conditions.
So basically i have enough time to give all the attention to detail i can.

For this one i decided to make more use from tamiya epoxy which is in my opinion really great for sculpting,

Bicycle part Hood Automotive design Engineering Electric blue

Office equipment Automotive design Engineering Machine Gadget

With this one i decided to make different body paint/interior color combo after finding white one a little dull in my opinion.

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts