DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each year, my Corvette Club, (Corvettes Limited of Bowling Green, KY) has a Christmas party, at which we eat a good meal, then play a game of Dirty Santa. Each year, I create a custom one-of-a-kind diecast Corvette model as my gift for the Dirty Santa game. 2005 was the 25th anniversary of our Club so to commemorate this anniversary, I built this Silver C6 with custom club graphics. The model started as a Silver Hotwheels C6 convertible with a Black interior. I chose the Silver car to reflect the Silver (25th) anniversary. I repainted the interior Red to reflect the color of our Club shirts (plus it stands out more than the Black) and added some custom detailing to the steering wheel and the center console bezel. The graphics in the side coves simulate the Corvette Crossed Flags and are painted on, while the Special 25 Anniversary Corvettes Limited logo in the center is a decal that I printed on my computer. I added our custom CLBG license plate on the rear bumper. I also added correct detailing under the hood and painted the crossed flags on the hood insulation blanket. This car was a big hit at the party. Hope you guys like it. Thanks for looking.

Jon

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Jon,
It looks awesome! great work :nicejob
I love the red interior with the silver.

One question, what is a "Dirty Santa"?

G

·
I like what you did with this piece - please tell us some more about the checker board base it sits on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Jeff,

Thanks for the compliments. Dirty Santa is a gift exchange game. Everyone brings a wrapped gift to the party, Men bring a mans gift, women bring a womens gift. Everyone draws a number from a hat (numbers range from 1 to however many people brought gifts). The gifts are all put in a pile ( separated womens from mens) and the person who drew the number 1 gets first pick. He, or she, opens the gift in front of everyone. The person that drew number 2 then picks a gift from the pile, but before opening it, he has the option of taking the gift from number 1 and giving number 1 his unopened gift. The person that drew number 3 now selects a gift from the pile and has the option of opening it or trading it for number 1 or number 2's gift. This goes on through the last number and last gift. After all gifts are opened, then the person who drew number one gets to pick which gift he wants and exchange his for it. The best gifts tend to change hands several times during the game. We usually have about 100 people at our party and my cars usually change hands 10-15 times. It is a little different type of gift exchange, but it is a lot of fun. :cheers

Jon

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Darrick,

The base is from a standard 1:18 scale acrylic display case. I found a role of Black and White checker board pattern contact paper at Lowes so I just cut a piece to fit the base and stick it on. The Chrome trim is 1/8" Chrome striping tape that I picked up at the auto parts store. I created the labels on the sides on my computer and printed them on White sticker paper from Wal-Mart. It only takes about 15 minutes to transform a standard display case into a unique and complimetary way to display a model. Hope this helps. :cheers

Jon

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
That's the kind of thing I would like to have for the DX special model.....

Very Nice Job! :eek:k

The color combo is awesome! :tongue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.