DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am going to order VW Golf mk5 GTI in next couple of days,and the stock wheels/rims are terrible imo,they (Norev) did a LOT better job on mk6.
So i wanted to ask if any of you guys know any good website (in Germany or Austria) where i could find some nice looking wheels?

I am not really sure if i posted this in right section of the forum,if i didn't mods please move it.

Thank you all in advance.

Kind regards,
Filip

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you mate.I just checked their website and they have
some awesome BBS's :) i got one more question,do you know which is the biggest size of rims you could equip on Norev 1:18 models without making it look idiotic?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i would recommend 19 inch ... they will look big but not idiotic,and if you buy the brakediscs and calipers you will add some amazing detail ... or 18 inch with some nice tires for less of a "air-bag-look"... imo the really flat tires of uli nowak look a bit to unrealistic. Get the inlets painted! imo they are really difficult to paint and uli uses tamiya quality colors that make a great finish ! the shop is great and you can really depend on him. Ships everywhere around the world

·
Registered
26 Posts
its not THAT easy ... first of all you should translate the website ... at "Felgenstern :" you can choose the color of the inlet which is an extra 5 euro. second, the "ring" is made out of polished aluminium ... to paint it should be quite difficult.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is a lot of things i don't understand about those rims,because i don't know German language.Can any of u guys explain to me what each of those sections mean?
The way i want them to be is just like in the picture i linked in previous post,black with red ring,and to be in level with the tires,don't want em to look like they're "inside" or "outside" of the tyre,if u know what i mean.I don't know how to explain it on english,sorry.
Also does anybody know if they can fit on any Norev model or there is a specific axle size?
Unfortunately i still don't own a mk5 GTI by Norev,so i can't messure it myself.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Just drop Uli an email, they are very helpful and their customer service is second to none. I use Google translate to send emails and we usually get sorted out.

The tyres are available in a range of sizes and styles, don't bother with the 5 euro paintjob, it's a doddle to do yourself, but don't forget to add the logos for an extra 1 euro. They also supply red BBS logos. which look really nice on some cars, ask them for both colours (black and red) as your not sure which you like.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just sent him an email,both on English and German,because i don't know if he speaks English.
Got one more question since i am new to all this die-cast modding and stuff,do you guys know if these rims (19 zoll ones) would actually fit on Norev mk5 golf gti? Is there like a universal size for all of the brands or they depend from model to model?

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think , 18 zoll is better for your Golf.

I think he speaks english too.
If you have problems with language , you can PM me and I can send him emails in german.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts