DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
With all of our recent discussions about the poor customer service provided by some ***diecast*** companies and dealers, I thought it would be welcomed to mention a good experience.

I needed to find replacements for two knock-off wheel attachment hubs and a fuel cap for my GMP 1/12 Ford GT 40. Their web site gave me the names, e-mails and even a bio of each of their staff and I made an e-mail request to the head of their customer service department. He e-mailed me back within 48 hours to clarify my request. They had the knock-offs availale but he had to rummage "around in the attic" to find a junker GT 40 to supply the fuel cap. Within another 48 hours the parts were in the mail with no charge. :happy

Needless to say, I was extremely impressed by GMP's customer service; they went far beyond my expectations! So, I'm posting this to give them a public thank you and let the other members know that there are still some companies that appreciate our business. :nicejob

G

·
Nice to read of good customer support in these days of lack luster support from most any company that deals with Apples to Zebras.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I had the same experiance, Bob.
I bought a dirt champ car that came with 2 right side engine covers but was missing the left.
One call to Rich over at GMP and I had my piece in 2 days.

It was funny as he rememberd me from where he used to work and we had a nice chat :cheers

G

·
Tamiya is the other company that treats their customers well.

My 1/12 F50 took a shelf-dive a little over a year ago and they hooked me up with replacement parts within 3 days. :nicejob :cheers

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's the old rule of customer service, you give good customer service, the customer tells 10 people, if you give bad customer service, the person tells 100 people.

G

·
I too have heard nothing but good praises from GMP, from fellow customers to retailers. Truly a gret product and service emitting from those guys.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Darrick, guess I should not have used "DX" as an abreviation for "diecast", no harm meant!

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Getter3, I already have you down for a 10% comission when we release the non-functioning wheels. :wink

I hope that I will be able to help enough people here to have a topic about how good AUTOart's customer service is one day :giggle

But seriously, customer service is the backbone of all business and you can have the best product in the world, if you have no service, you have no business.

GMP came into the diecast world with a great product but also a very good customer service department. This is a major reason for their success today..

:cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts