DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am customizing my Maisto F50 to look like the Hotwheels Elite F50.

However does anyone have this car? Any idea how to recreate the "carbon fiber" under the trunk and engine hood?

I also I have an idea to make the Carbon Fiber mesh on the back. Put superglue on cloth, and make it harden.

And what do you think about black rims on the F50? Yes or no?

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hobby shops sell sheets of carbon fiber decals. I'd use those before you superglue cloth to your car. Use Solvaset to soften decals so they pull snug against contours as necessary.

I'm not sure how you process would replicare CF. The carbon fiber fabric is covered with resin to allow it to retain it's shape and is smooth. Supergluing fabric would end up with a fuzzy finish.

Sean

Sean

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I'm not talking about supergluing the carbon fiber decals.

I'm talking about putting a piece of black cloth and supergluing it. Then when it's dry and harden I'll put it on the back to recreate the mesh on the engine cover.

This part.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Ah, I'm tracking with you now! For the mesh screen, try a hardware store that has mesh for screen doors. There's many different types available.

Many types of CF decals are available too CLICK HERE.

:cheers
Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.