DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This arrived last week.
I was so lucky to have ordered one just before Porsche put a stop to this car going out to dealers or dealers having to send them back.
From what i gather they are going back to China to be 'sorted', mainly the wheels not functioning lock to lock(although mine does)and the tyres catching on the inner wheel arches.....the o/side front catches ever so slightly on full lock.
It may well be several months before this car appears again!

AUTOart Porsche 911 Le Mans...Dealer Edition.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pretty good interior detail...........the outside p/work is very ,very good with what looks to me like a mixture of tampo and decals...........pity about the indicator lenses, or lack of!

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
others say the stripes are too thin...........do i care...nope!
overall this car is a great 'representation' of the real thing in my humble opinion.
ok a little fault with the wheels turning :confused as i said not on this car.
great paintwork and detailing a stunning looking car, my only gripe is that the front end does sit high.
When it does come back out...assuming it does....it's your choice whether you buy it or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I'm sure a lot of people will be jealous of you now, Steve - congratulations!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Fantastic Stevie! I'm very envious! I looked at it on Modelissimo, thought about ordering it (even though I try not to buy models more than once a month and I already had for Feb) resisted temptation for about an hour, then said "to hell with it!" and went back onto their site only to find it was no longer available! I was gutted!!! :help :cheers

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
That is awesome! You're so lucky to get one of the first lot especially with proper turning wheels. I can't decide now whether to fork out on the dealer LeMans one or settle with the #9 Watkins Glen regular release. :help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bloody show off !!!

The RSR looks to be every bit as good as I thought it would be . A stunning car and model for sure.

You mention the front ride height being too high , but as I said on the phone , I believe they modelled the car on the restored RSR that is displayed in the Porsche museum at Stuttgart and as you can see by the attached picture (taken by Thomas / vatabot during his visit there) the ride height looks pretty much the same.

Regardless , its a stunner and I cant wait for the call from Colin to say mine are in stock

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.