DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'v noticed on Ebay that Exoto likes to dump alot of their damaged or flawed diecast.

The model is either broken in shipping or it's missing a part. The prices are a bit high, for a broken or flawed model :confused

My thought is, if its something simple like re-attaching a wheel or a mirror, no problem, but what if its missing a part from the box, like a wing or a whole wheel assembly...will Exoto sell you a missing part?

What are your thoughts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've bought a 'flawed' 1/18 from them before but it was just a detached spoiler. After I've screwed the spoiler back on (it came with the necessary screws), it was good as new.

Many of those auctions have vague descriptions of what exactly happened to these models. No pics doesn't help either. I've emailed them about several of these 1/18s but the reply is still clear as mud. When asked if replacement/spare parts will be included with the model, they simply say the part maybe in the package but they can't guarantee it. With that, I tend to stay away from these auctions.

:mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I once asked whether the "broken off mirrors" would be included in the box, all they replied was maybe, but don't count on them being there... so I gave it a miss.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
How hard is it for them to check if the broken piece is inside the box?! Holy crap...

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Same here, and even though I try to do some customs, you need all the parts before you start. I asked about a model with a "broken or missing wheel", and my response was that it had already been re-boxed, and they couldn't check.

Pass on that one!

:mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me when I say, "DON'T BUY DAMAGED PRODUCTS", Not just from Exoto, but from anyone unless doing a mod of some sort.

If your buying a damaged piece to display, trust me, its not worth the headache of buying it and looking for the replacement part.

If your looking for a specific model and don't want to pay retail, just keep searching the secondary model, it will show up eventually.

Looking at a damaged model on display will drive you crazy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts