DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow must been really bored I took apart (I'm talking everything) and cleaned two Maisto and one BBurgo models today. Also managed to fix the door problems on my little M Roadster too. I think I just might have to snag some pictures tomorrow since they are all nice and clean now.

Also I was looking at an old sheet and started cutting it up making some make-shift car covers. They don't look to pretty but hey it keeps the dust off them so they'll stay clean for me to photograph them tomorrow, or when ever I get around to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lucky you, I ended up buying two new ones today... :crying I'm an impulsive buyer.

I like that car cover idea, if done well it could look really good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Its all for the love of the hobby. I can remember spending the entire day cleanig/polishing models and shelves as the dust had built up on them. :badidea

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I find it very relaxing and therapeutic cleaning my cars.
It takes me appproximately 4 hours (bliss) every fortnight

The 1-18 scale (ok, I am 10 cars but rising)
are much easier to clean than my smaller scale cars,
but you should try and clean die-cast aircraft, too many nooks and crannies!

Seriously I have found that a soft camera lens brush or a soft make-up brush is perfect,
just don't tell the wife.
I never ever use a duster, that can do more damage than good

I realise that a car in a encased in plastic would stay cleaner,
but they then would take a lot more space

Ken

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I get a lot of enjoyment out of waxing and polishing my cars.
I will put on a movie and take a couple of cars with me and just work the car over as I am watching and before I know it I am going to get a couple more cars :happy
I think that is whay I have been buying so many Maistos, they really respond very well to the polish :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of polish, I've completely went through my Meguiars detailing kit. Now its back to the Meguiars you buy on the shelf of auto parts stores :giggle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts