DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not mine, it is only making a pit stop here before going across the big pond to Exeter.
Your usual Exoto Daytona, stunning detail when released, this car was groundbreaking and it can still hold its head up high.
Any motorsport fan should own at least on of these, it is such an important car in the history of endurance racing.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations, Stevie - that's a fine looking Cobra! Jeff, I know the pleasure of spending Stevie's money means more to you than anything I could possibly say hehe.

G

·
Jeff,

Any interior or engine shots?

This is one model I have been wanting to add for a while. I have read some say the Exoto version isn't much better than the Yat Ming version :confused

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
First thing, the Yat Ming is a very poor subsitute and really should not be mentioned in the same breath as the Exoto. It is only worth having if you don't want to spen anymore than $15 on a Daytona coupe or if you wra planning some extensive mods. Or, If you posess the skills of Eddie :giggle

Now, the Shelby Collectibles version is a great way to go if you don't want to pay Exoto money.
I would say it is 3/4 of the way at 1?5 or 1/5 the price.
*BUT* this only applies to the silver S/C. The "Race Day" Daytona Coupes from S/C do not represent any specific car, they are just race cars and don't represent anything that actually raced.

Top pic is a Exoto and the bottom is an S/C
Watch this space for a comparo between the 2 and thanks for the idea!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.