DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the car business there is term called "Deal Toy". It is something that a person has on their desk that has been given to them or they bought and the purpose is for it to start a conversation. Lord knows how many diecast I have given over the years. Most of the times it has been a factory fresh model, but sometime I take the time to personalise it.

This is one of those times. This person is a highly respected enterperneur that has started and sold several companies and this is his latest one. The car is a fantasy racer and the 'sponsor' logos are companies that they are in parnership with.

It started as a plain Maisto Belair. I detailed the red chassis, did some interior and engine touch up and added all of the decals.

I just mailed it to him to thank him for his time and I'll post a response if I get one.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Really cool, Al - great job!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! In the past I have asked the person's secretary what their boss' first car was and tried to get as close as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.