DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
This is a recent addition for me. I've always been a big fan of this admittedly butt ugly stubby Audi, mainly because of it's business like appearance and the fact that it had Impreza turbo/Mitsubishi Evo level performance in 1984!

I was going to get the white one, (but not the green which just didn't look great in my humble opinion) but then I saw this red one on eBay and I just had to get one. The catch was it is a Audi dealer only edition, and the local Dublin Audi/VW dealers are just hopeless in my experience in ordering in stuff like this (unlike Irish BMW dealers who are good at getting the BMW exclusive models in for me).

Thanks to a fellow member here (thanks Sir Gary!) I found an eBay seller in Germany who had one for sale at a not inconsiderable price (around €80-90 I think...) but this is just one of those "must have" models for me.

Unlike some more recent AUTOart releases is has full opening features and is overall a nice model. One which I'm looking forward to adding a page and review for on my site in the not too distant future (I hope!)

Anyway, here are some pics of the model (the car itself being a limited "homologation" special of only 200 cars to qualify it for use in group B rallying).

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Very nice, Ronan - I don't consider it butt ugly at all...I like it better than the regular Quattro...much sportier looking.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Far from butt ugly, in my opinion! It's not sexy, not even close, I'll give you that, but it means business! I always drooled over the 1:1, so maybe I'm suspect of saying so, but I think it's trés cool. :nicejob

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
The engine is very detailed!!!

Nice model! Congrats! :cheers

G

·
Hey Ronan , you got it then :cheers

As a rally fan I can honestly say that I love the looks of this "Baby " Quattro .

Such an awesome car in its day , and AUTOart have really done this car justice . Beautiful :hot

Glad I could help spend some of your hard earned too my friend :giggle

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yes indeed! The seller you recommended had the models I wanted, (I also got the 1984 Monte Carlo winning Quattro which I'll be posting pics of later!) so thanks again! Another "kill sticker" for you! :lol

I do love the looks of this thing, but pretty it ain't! :lol Functional is how I'd put it! :giggle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.