DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has had this model for a long damn time. Finally, took it out for a couple of photos. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Beautiful backdrop. I used to think the Hotwheels version of the Pantera front looks a bit crude largely because of the non reflective turn signal lights but the model does look great in general. Even these are hard to come by just like the Kyosho one. And when they do show up they are super expensive usually.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The Pantera is so at home in this locale! Shots 1 and 4 are my favorites.

I've always had a soft spot for these - the factory Pantera racer was my favorite car in that old racing sim GT Legends.

Reactions: preisman

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only that view is already priceless....
It is a great spot. I was out there everyday. If I lived there, I would shoot all my models there. It is also very close to Kennedy Space Center and you can hear and see the launches from this spot. At night they light up the sky like it was daytime.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beautiful backdrop. I used to think the Hotwheels version of the Pantera front looks a bit crude largely because of the non reflective turn signal lights but the model does look great in general. Even these are hard to come by just like the Kyosho one. And when they do show up they are super expensive usually.
Yeah, it is a chunky model. Not very refined. But, bright yellow and chrome wheels really helps make this a cool model. Crazy these have gone up in value. This hobby is a pain in the ass sometimes.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Pantera is so at home in this locale! Shots 1 and 4 are my favorites.

I've always had a soft spot for these - the factory Pantera racer was my favorite car in that old racing sim GT Legends.
I always liked the early Pantera's with no extra body trim. This one is too much for me. The Kyosho racer versions are great. I really would love one, but the prices are so high. I doubt I will pick one up unless I can find one discounted.

·
Registered
10,883 Posts
I always liked the early Pantera's with no extra body trim. This one is too much for me. The Kyosho racer versions are great. I really would love one, but the prices are so high. I doubt I will pick one up unless I can find one discounted.
I also think the original is the best looking one. The best scale model I have seen that captures the shape the best is the M/C 1:43
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts