DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
accidently found that AUTOart and Maisto Diablo SV versions are absolutely different in its "Ground Clearance" - just look at the pix

MAISTO

AUTOart

Maisto's version looks much lower than AUTOart's. Actually AUTOart version is exact copy of the real SV. But what is the Maisto's version?

Maisto's SV with its low clearance looks like a half of SVR...

Any comments??

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
As much as I like Maisto, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say AUTOart did a more accurate job. At least I would HOPE they did, considering how much more they cost than a Maisto. :confused

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do not think the 1:1 SV ever had such a low front lip, and sideskirts. AUTOart I think definately made a better replice. Maisto probably added it for the selling effect so people would buy, because its different. Look at the race car, it does have the skirts and front lip.

This is 1:1 SV:

And this is 1:1 race Diablo:

G

·
One thing I do noticed - The black Lambo looked as though it has a body kit (front & side skirts), while the blue one doesn't...

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
After seeing several Diablos in person I think the AUTOart SV has the correct (or near correct) gound clearence. It has to have some hight to protect it for bumps, potholes, etc.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
scale18 said:
Maisto's SV with its low clearance looks like a half of SVR...

Any comments??
Yeah, I got one...that Lambo looks BAD :cuss !!! :danbanna :danbanna :danbanna

G

·
IIRC both versions are correct persay as Lamborghini has a very nice suspension system which can raise or lower the vehicle manually or automaticly and I know they can be set really low to the ground if need be but can be raised suprisingly high for getting over speed bumps and driveways. Also it looks like in the Maisto Version it is lowered (clipped springs) because I did that to mine it's that low but it didn't originally come that way.

Wait hold on there is a body skirt on the Maisto hmmm...well uuummm...you can just ignore my comment above and I'll have to ask a friend about the skirt. Hey the wing on the Countach was an American add-on I wouldn't be surprised if the body skirt was another American add-on.

G

·
I would hazard a guess and say the AUTOart .

I would imagine AUTOart researchers did a lot more work on it than Maisto`s .

Dont much like the Maisto skirted version anyway

1 - 12 of 12 Posts