DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to do this, but have lacked the courage to tackle it. I think it's time.

I have the yellow Welly Diablo SV, but I've never been a fan of the RED SV decal. I would ideally love to replace it with a black SV decal.

I know there are tutorials out there, but I have just a few quick questions:
1) I have a laser printer...will that work for waterslide decals?
2) Has anyone attempted to remove the decal on this particular Welly Diablo...do we actually know for sure that it's a decal? I just assumed...
3) Hivemind...should I even bother removing the red decal, or should I focus on getting the black decal to exact scale and just apply it directly over the red?
4) How should I tackle the door - the decal will need to be cut in a weird location. Is there a good tip on how to do that without screwing up the whole decal?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
33,840 Posts
Can you get the decals vinyl printed and cut? I would do that as waterslide's (most of the time) look nasty.

Can you feel the decal with your finger nail ? If you can, you will probably be able to get it off. If the model is clear coated (unlikely though) they may have cleared over the decal, so you won't be able to get it off.
If it is raised, try a cocktail stick to scratch away at it, go gentle though. You can always check out my thread / pics of my GT Spirit BMW 1M stripe removal to get an idea.

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
it should be easy to remove, if it is like most other manufacturers then you can use nail polish remover. before using on the body, try it on a spot that is not visible to make sure it doesnt damage the paint.

im not sure how to make a new SV logo, at least i have not seen something like that for sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts