DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty open to colors - I'll take just about any, with rare exceptions, such as pink or mint green. I do prefer if colors are accurate as they came from the factory, but I'm not too picky!
You all?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I like to see my shelves full of diversity when it comes to colors, with a few exceptions. I don't like pink (except the Pink Pig, of course :wink) and I generally don't like brown, in any shade. And of course, i prefer factory colors.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Black, black and black!

Black exterior color is very important to me. It is my theme! :giggle Exterior color is a detail you can see first before anything, so in a way, if the car isn't black, I probably won't buy it. All the small details on BBR Enzo doesn't do me any good if the first thing I see isn't black on the exterior!

But then, there are exception like racing livery, etc.... :lol

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I also like diversity on my shelves. Like LUW I pwerfer any color as long as it isn't pink or brown. It also depends on the car too. Some cars I only like in certain colors, while others have a bunch of colors that I like. :giggle

G

·
I collecat a lot of Ferraris which I allways tend to get the red ones. As for other cars I just get a factory color that I like. No pink cars here. :giggle Not yet atleast.

G

·
I tend to prefer factory colors too, but will also look for unique colors. Like MED said, I stay away from pink and lighter greens.

I have recently started to really like metallic blues and grays.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I usually like diversity amongst my diecasts and tend to keep chromatic balance, but I hate black! It's so hard to keep black models spotless... Every little (finger) grease spot or dust speck is visible on black and, unless metallic black, trying to clean them usually results in scratches! :pullhair

The conclusion would be that I'm quite partial to metallic colors - they're so much more forgiving when it comes to maintenance.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Like the others, I prefer the authentic factory colors. However, I prefer all Ferraris to be red, all Mercedes to be silver and, of course, all English cars to be Brittish Racing Green.

G

·
I like metallic colors and traditional colors on Corvettes or Mustang....Ithink that anybody that paint a car PINK or buya a PINK car ..OUTTA BE HORSE WHIP!! :horse :giggle

G

·
No particular color for me.
As I mostly collect Porsches, I don't want them to be red... but I have mostly red Porsches...
I didn't like brown till I got the Kwan...
Pink is a bit too pink for me. :giggle but would be great on a 964 Carrera RS though...

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
The Kwan and a DM Chevy are the olny brown cars I have and I usually try to avoid black on certain cars but I also very muck want authentic colors.
Light green doesn't bother me and surprisingly, I have 2 pink cars :confused :giggle

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'm not too big on browns or pinks or mint greens, either. I tend to go for the popular colors, I guess - black, blue, and red.

G

·
To a certain degree I like color diversity. Definitely black like those offered by Supercars from their Super Street Series. Red of course for the exotic Ferraris and Lambos and then there's your blues, greens, and silver. However, I try to avoid white. Diecasts painted in white or cream typically don't do anything for me. They come across as bland so I tend to avoid em.

Alex B.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i like black and white... but i'll pretty much take anything as long as its not too "different", like mint green or other funky colors...

The most funky colored car i have is the FnF S2000 in pink

1 - 20 of 32 Posts