DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sure is one sweet Hot Wheels! For more info, you will need to get copy of the Spring '07 DiecastX (page 70-72)

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G

·
Talented guy I tell you. I've been stocling up on spart corvette models for years so that i can also do this stuff. I'm hoping to free up some time and build a mini work shop for this as it's a joy of the hobby to personalize and get creative when the manufacturers don't build it for us.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G

·
When I first saw that page in DiecastX I thought it was going to be a step-by-step tutorial. While they do show the individual steps, I found it amusing that the steps for creating the fender go like this:

1) Cut out the fenderwells
2) Fill a fender mold with body filler
3) Prep
4) Paint

We all know that creating the mold for the fender is where the real art is on this mod but I love how they make it sound as though each of us has a spare fender mold for a Callaway GT3 Z06R laying aroung the house....that reminds me...have any of you seen my whale tail mold for my Kremer Porsche 935?

Caution: the frustrated sarcasm in this post may have stemmed from my jealousness of the authors modding abilities

Mike

:edit Well, don't I feel silly...after re-reading the article, I notice that they say the same results can be achieved without a fender mold. Just use some layers of filler and sand them to the desired shape. Thank goodness!

(Seriously though , this guy has some talent and according to the link above, he has sold this one to "Callaway Competiton and Ernst Woehr the 1:1 creator and co-founder of Callaway Comp")

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.