DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I know the CMC 1/12 mercedes SLR has almost 1500 parts while the 1/18 only has 895 parts.. and the use of leather and body material (Copper sheet and Zinc in 1/12) is also more superior.
any other differences? As I am thinking of buying one soon!!

G

·
The hinge mechanism on the 1:12 is far more realistic. This is the most obvious difference from what I can recall. Another thing about the 1:12 is that it is built in tiny numbers, and so it may take some time to arrive.

:cheers

G

·
there are lots of things you can notice.. if you goto CMC website.. you sill see it has been updated with new pics etc.. the 1/12 version even shows the body frame next to the engine, and has the air ducts running from the hood vents.. im sure there is still a ton more besides..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys! CMC told me that the 1/12 needs 150 hours to complete. I thought the hinge system in the hood is almost the same as the 1/18? And they also told me that they use a button to trigger the opeing the door..anybody know where is the button? would it be at the handle of the door? Could the toolbox/glovebox inside open? I aware from the photo that the hinge at the bonnet is more lifelike in the 1/12. Actually the I scrutinized every possible pictures of 1/12 on the CMC official website already...but I do wanna see more of its owner's picture or a full depth review if that is available somewhere..anyone got any idea?

G

·
I'm sure there are many, many differences Rickytmk.

To answer your question, the hinge system on the 1:12 is similar in design to the hood mechanism of the 1:18, as opposed to the traditional 'dog-leg' variety, if you understand what I mean.

So far I don't think that there has been a review of the 1:12 posted. However, i'm sure it will be an absolutely sensational model.

:cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I know someone who might buy one....IF he does, I'll ask him to borrow it for a day.....I'll take some pictures and post them for you guys! :cheers

He still needs to think about it....at $2000 CDN....I would think twice too! :giggle

G

·
Just got this month's issue of Mercedes-Benz Magazine for owners as we just got my mom a new Mercedes and there is a great article on CMC and i didn't even know about the 1:12 till I read it. I thought the lady working on the model was just tiny :giggle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts