DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
One is front wheel drive, the other is rear wheel drive.
Both had the engine over the drive axle.
Both were winners in many rallies.
Both had the same receipt - good power to wheight ratio.
Both were small and agile.
Both were able to scare bigger "friends".
One is french, the other is brittish.
:cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I agree with you that they have a few details in common, like both being rally winners, but despite that they're totally different animals. One was designed to be a cheap and simple people's car, while the other was born to be a so so (in performance at least) sports car.

G

·
Both of those cars are very cool. Is the Alpine the Maisto version? It looks to be in scale so i'm guessing it is.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yes, Jim.
The Alpine is from Maisto - 1/18 :happy

Bburago made one too, but at 1/16 scale :pullhair

Luciano,

If I understand your translation :giggle , I dont think that there are problems with the wheels, front and rear.
The road cars (the normal cars) had this large wheel and the rally cars sometimes used larger wheels.

The car that we had here in Brasil, made by Willys, the Berlineta Interlagos, has smaller wheels - the same from our Dauphine / Gordini.
But the (brasilian) Berlineta was not the Alpine A110, it was the Alpine A108 which looks a lil different from the A110, and it had the 850 CC engine instead of this strong 1600, or the 1300 in some models.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
No, not the wheel size, but the height of the chassis up front. On mine at least the suspension is too high, and the front of the car looked as if was from an off-road vehicle.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congrat! 2 cool cars! But I also think....very different! :cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.