Toys or collectibles...
Toys32.88%
Collectibles8480.77%
A little of both1413.46%
Never really applied much thought to it.32.88%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm cleaning up the Poll Forums and I'm replacing some of the better polls we have had from the old forum as the data calculations are completely wrong.

A little of both here. :tempted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think a lot of non collectors would consider the models toys.

Most superstores still stock them in the toy isles as well. Albeit they carry only the budget models. However, my budget models still are collectables to me.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Toys or not, every time I buy one in a toy/department/superstore the clerk at the register asks me if I want it gift wrapped. :lol

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
vegasracer said:
Rat said:
Just a bunch of expensive toys... :giggle

Okay, to raise the maturity level, let's call them collectables. :lol
:iagree :iagree :iagree

in my humble opinion, "collectible" are just toys for adults... :danbanna :danbanna :danbanna
My parents have chosen to collect art like oil and watercolour paintings. I've chosen to collect art on wheels. That's my "excuse" and I'm sticking to it. :giggle :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
castrol_supra_gt said:
Definitely collectibles. :cheers
It's the more cynical or less well-informed person who'd call diecast models "toys" in my humble opinion.
:giggle

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
Collectibles. Most people who don't know much about it call them 'toys', but on most of the boxes it states how the models are not a toy and folks under 14 years of age are all violent and/or could try to eat it and choke or something. They are collectible detailed scale models for those who don't have enough money to afford the full scale versions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Getter 3 said:
A little of both.

I really enjoy playing with my cars when I'm bored... :happy
:lol :lol :lol

I wouldn't say playing. I prefer to call it admiration. :giggle

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
When I look back on my Maisto days, I see that all I had were friggin' toys. Now that I only fatten the pockets of AUTOart and UT, I see my collection as collectibles (aka big boy toys.) :wink

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
A little of both in my case I think, some of my models are more toy like than others but I consider the high end stuff like my Exotos to be collectables :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SundaysM3 said:
:lol :lol :lol

I wouldn't say playing. I prefer to call it admiration. :giggle

:lol Good one! :happy

I can imagine my wife saying - "Honey, stop admiring your cars and come eat dinner...". :giggle

1 - 20 of 44 Posts