DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you keep all your boxes to your models. I do becasue then if i ever do want to sell them i will get more for them

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I have all of mine (at least those that had boxes when I bought them). Sure makes it easier to move when you know the models are secure. Every time I have moved, I have spent days returning my models to their original boxes, and then packing them, myself, into larger boxes. Then I follow each one of the boxes out to the moving van and make sure they do not stack heavy stuff on top of them.

:giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Yup. Mrs SM discovered my box collection in my walk-in closet the other day & wondered where I keep my clothes amongst them. :giggle :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep them because unfortunately that's the only way I can display them all without dust getting at them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't keep them. :giggle

The boxes I have managed to keep are the Sauber boxes as they are works of art themselves and my 1:9 drag bike boxes. :cheers

·
McLaren F1 guru
308 Posts
At the very beginning I don't think I kept them, when I was first collecting if a box had a nice pic of the car on it i would cut out the pic and put it on my wall among many other pics of cars, but now I keep everything with the boxes including screws (which has really payed off as I have had to repackage them twice because we moved)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I also keep them. I like to display my AutoArt Vipers in their boxes. It's an easy way to keep them dust-free!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes as will be required when i move+ if i have to sell will have correct box for model. :drinkbud

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I keep all of mine.
Easier to sell if I have to and eaisier to move.
I keep the lower end stuff in the boxs to stack them and keep them dust free.

If any of you that throw out boxes would let me know when you have some Maisto and Bburago boxes I would be happy to buy them from you :cheers

1 - 20 of 175 Posts