DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another honest model from AUTOart.

Made all the better by its $10 price at Sam's a few years back.

There was one thing that made this the best available Viper SRT at the time - it was the only one on the market with the correct engine at the time. I say that because the AUTOart and Hot Wheels version had the GenII Engine in them. Easy to say they were concept versions, but neither AUTOart or Hot Wheels identified them as concepts.

My guess is AUTOart and Hot Wheels released their car prior to Dodge releasing specs on their SRT and being the Maisto's was last to come to the market, it came with a correct engine, if you would.

With the Tomahawk

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Those are really nice photos Darrick :eek:mg

About the Ertls: I believe the later one's have the correct engine in them, such as the yellow FatF car. I have the original Viper Concept by Ertl and its amazing the difference in detail from the $40 AUTOart to the $30 Ertl.

Did you detail the engine? It looks like the real thing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't touch the engine - Maisto did a really nice job on it.

The engine on this one attracted me over AUTOart details and quality.

The wrong engine was just too much for me - even if you considered it to be the concept version or not.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'm still not sure why AUTOart released the concept version when the production version was already on the market by then :confused AUTOart's production version has the correct engine, but it's not as detailed as the Maisto. Your's even has the little air filters! :mob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that engine on the AUTOart production version still leaves a lot to be desired.

The air filter box is obviously too big and doesn't try to replicate the 1:1. :dizzy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.