Registered
1,174 Posts
I saw this on tomo's website:

250 GTO Race Weathered

250 LM Race Weathered

250 Testa Rossa Race Weathered

355 Challenge Race Weathered

333SP Race Weathered

They are all listed in stock. Does anyone have these? I am a huge fan of race weathered models and would like to get the 250 GTO and the 355 maybe and the 333SP sometime. I am wondering about their quality though, I have not heard anyone talk about them around here.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea they're available here too apparently. I just haven't heard anyone talk about them. I really want that 333SP and that 250 GTO looks nice too, but I want to hear other people's opinions on them.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
The 250 GTO is probably one of Hot Wheels's best cars before the Elites came to be.
That being said it is still a basic, low detail Hot Wheels that was meant to be sold in toy departments. It lacks the refinement of higher end cars but it does a decent job of capturing the look of the car.

The 333 is another car that captures the shape pretty ell but is lacking in details and refinement. Again, this is to be expected as the car was never meant to be a high end diecast. The details are there, but they are not separate pieces, they are moulded in and unpainted. You can really improve the look of the car with a steady hand and a paint marker. I like to scuff up the tires with sandpaper since they are too glossy looking.

The thing with these dirty cars is that you are paying a big premium for them, there is nothing except the dirty paint to distinguish them from the lower priced clean versions.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I really like the dirty effect though.

Anyway, I am quite confused as to what you are saying. These are new released according to Tomotorsports and they are priced at Hot Wheels Elite level $69.99cad.

" Ferrari 250 GTO
TRADITIONS OF RACING
High Detail
1:18 Scale by Mattel
#Hot Wheels 0235

Traditions of Racing Series

Ferrari 250 GTO
1:18 Scale Diecast Replica Model "race aged"
Limited Production
#Hot Wheels 0235
Quality and Detail are excellent!!

sharp lines, excellent fit and finish."

Are these new releases, old releases, are they Elite level detail? What's going on here. Are you saying it's just the old Hot Wheels 250 GTO with a dirty and race effect to it? Or is it a new model? The way they word it and it only came in stock like a week ago, I would think this is a new release with Elite level detailing.

This is why I am asking if anyone has one. What is the quality of these models. Is it elite level or is it old releases or what's going on here. :feedback :feedback

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
I know that these cars existed in the dirty form at the old level of (non Elite) detail.
I find it very hard to believe that the first releases of these to cars in elite form would be as dirt models. They have not even been announced that they would be available in this form. The fact that they would be doing an Elite version of these 2 cars was just announced last week, and there was no mention of race weathered cars

What I think is that you would be getting the original old tech releases at Elite pricing. These look to be re issues of the dirty cars.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Hm well the 355 says it's an "elite".

I have not seen anyone with them though. I will be asking on Tomotorsport's forum if anyone has one. They look attractive to me. I have not seen them before either (as you say these have come out before, but this is the first time I've seen them).

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Here is an auction for the 333 #190064564162

I am only speaking about the 250GTO and the 333 since they are the only ones I have or care about :giggle

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Hard to say since I bought the non liveried 333 for $10 at a local store and the stock 250 GTO for around $20 on ebay.

How much the racing look is worth to you is the determining factor.
They are bringing out an Elite 333 in Olive Garden livery and an Elite 250 GTO.
Perhaps you should wait?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I don't like the plain red 333SP at all and even with the 250 GTO Elite, I would still like a racing dirty one alongside it. And the Olive Garden 333SP, maybe I should wait for that one I guess, though I like the MOMO livery more. I think if I find these 2 at a good deal (the 250 GTO dirty and the Momo dirty 333SP), then I will probably buy them.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
You could always get the plain 333 and get the MOMO decal set.

I would look around for a better price, I think $70C is crazy money for these cars

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.