DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me if it worth getting or not?
Any pics?

Thanks! :cheers

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I think that it's the Beanstalk mold that Ertl use. Like the V12 Vanquish and the green Zao Jaguar.

G

·
It's a pretty good model for the price, and the features all work fairly well. Only the taillights were glitchy on mine, and I didn't force the issue. Also, the license plate appliques have recently become prone to peeling off (a real bother, considering that the front and rear units roll, like the JB car's did).

On the plus side, the ejector seat works great - providing you remove the roof panel first and activate the trigger from the driver's side.

I don't believe it's a Beanstalk mold, but an all-new tool done by RC2 (but no doubt licensed by Beanstalk, who handles all of Ford's licensing issues).

If you can cop one for around $30.00 USD, I think you'll be happy.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Thanks for the lowdown.
I just ebayed one for $25 :yahoo

I am positive that this is a new mould, I rember seeing some test shots somewhere about a year ago.
Plus, Beanstalk never made the DB5

I wonder if it will measure up to this one? :giggle

Attachments

G

·
I'd say it was worth $25 Jeff, the interior isn't far behind the AUTOart. I believe the AUTOart version is expensive nowadays, so I don't blame you for getting the Ertl.

On another note, a minor gripe of mine - wire wheels are really best left to the high-end manufacturers. Trying to recreate these wheels on a budget doesn't work.

:cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.