DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this 1/18 Jada Scarface Cadillac, and I would like to know if anyone has any idea of how I can get rid of all the tiger "fur" it has in the interior?

I would like to be an all-white interior but the dashboard, front & rear seats, doors panels, rear seat's side panels, sun visors and carpet are all finish in that "fur" kinda thing....

Need ideas!!!!

Here's a closer look of the interior, you can see the texture of the interior...

:feedback :feedback :feedback

·
Registered
764 Posts
If you are really really lucky that stuff is some sort of self adhesive film but I've honestly no idea. If they glued it on with anything that softened the plastic you're in for a real mess and what's left under the upholstery won't be very pretty.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I think that what is underneath is smooth plastic not the textured interior. Why don't you find the coupe version with the regular interior and swap them out.

G

·
Hello:
I think that it is painted. If that is the case, you will need to cover the interior parts with primer and detail painting them again.

That interior is really ugly :)
Regards,

Damian Covalski
Webmaster Amazing43
http://www.amazing43.com

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I thought of that but the 1963 coupe version doesn't seem to exist....except in bling-bling version....a copper one with beige interior & a blue one which I'm not sure about the inside.

The only one that might fit is this upcoming white bling ....

but then again, is the interior's stock or has huge speaker and metallic dashboard and all...

Unless you have another model in mind?

·
Registered
919 Posts
It is possible that a NON-ACETONE nail polish remover might work. I have used this stuff in a couple of off-beat applications where plastic was involved and it did the trick without damaging or affecting adversely the plastic.
Another chemical which might do it is denatured alcohol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.