DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You win an auction for what you think is a hard to find at a reasonable price only to see it a couple days latter at an on-line store for 25% less! :pullhair

In my case, it was an AUTOart Porsche 917 long tail that I "won" at gomotorsports.com for $108. I had seen one recently sell there for $126 and had never seen one on ebay so I thought this was a reasonable price ( although prices at this site, like ebay, can get ridiculous!). Well, just 2 days later I stumble across this web shop that has them on sale for $80! :pullhair

Oh well, I got the model today and I'm very happy with it as it is very much better than any of the other AUTOart 917s ( new mould, much more detail, etc.). :cheers

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Every time I buy anything anywhere, unless it's for a ridiculously low price, like 90% off, I expect this to happen. I don't even let it bother me any more.

G

·
The bidders who bid over at GoMotorBids have some really big spending habits.

I have won a few items at great prices, but the majority of the bidders there bid HIGH.

G

·
It happens to me with alarming regularity Bob - I buy models at higher prices only to find them for a fraction of the cost a couple of months down the line. In fact i'd even say that I have a knack for doing it :giggle .

Thats life!

:cheers

G

·
Yeah that happens very often. Its difficult to get the best possible bargain most of the time and it stinks to see a better bargain a few days later, but it happens. Try to wait longer next time or look further into it. Who knows, may save you some bucks.

G

·
It's happened to me too, but I try to check online stores before bidding on something on eBay, unless I know it's not available through retailers.

G

·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree :iagree A while ago, when I first stumbled across that site, I was able to pick up some items for a really low price. I guess people found out about it, and it can be tough to get a great price on an item now.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I can give you a list of cars I overpaid thinking they were HTF...eg my E class touring cars (paid 99 Euro each)...one week later they were thrown at my head for 45 Euro each.... :pullhair ..but I like the cars, so...I'll survive this... :help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts