DiecastXchange Forum banner
3021 - 3040 of 3076 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
How do you compare the Ford GT with the 1/12 AA Chiron. From the pics it seems they used less textured plastic to emulate carbon fiber in the Chiron, and the Bugatti engine looks more detailed. But that's just a perception as i never saw theose models in person. So what's your thoughts on both models as a comparison?

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,028 ·
To be fair the Chiron is a nice model just that the GT has a lot more detail like the switches inside and that's what tickles my boat in a model, the small detail. There is something missing in the Chiron, can't put my finger on it but the GT looks a sharper model and the finish what the camera can't pick up is what you notice with the GT. I would say the small added detail over the Chiron IS the difference. As for the Engine i can only assume the real car is like that with not much to see.

·
Registered
269 Posts
To be fair the Chiron is a nice model just that the GT has a lot more detail like the switches inside and that's what tickles my boat in a model, the small detail. There is something missing in the Chiron, can't put my finger on it but the GT looks a sharper model and the finish what the camera can't pick up is what you notice with the GT. I would say the small added detail over the Chiron IS the difference. As for the Engine i can only assume the real car is like that with not much to see.
Thanks for the observations, may i call you Darren? As i said, from the pictures, it looks they use too much textured plastic in the GT compared with the Chiron carbon details. But indeed the interior of GT looks amazing, like old AA, but bigger.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,031 ·
Thanks for the observations, may i call you Darren? As i said, from the pictures, it looks they use too much textured plastic in the GT compared with the Chiron carbon details. But indeed the interior of GT looks amazing, like old AA, but bigger.
Thanks, yes call me Darren, one big collecting family here.
May well have textured plastic and it does look like that but it's not too bad to not like the model. Overall it's Stunning to see in front of you.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,032 ·
Congrats on the Ford GT, it looks amazing.
I like all the details AUTOart has put into this car.
If i had the space i would most likely add this to my collection.
Thank you, Sir. It is one of if not the best 1/12 from AA since the Great Diecast 1/12 from Yesteryear. Let's hope they can keep improving as time goes on.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,033 ·
Up next is a model i have been after for a long time as i have the 1/6 scale model of it and the 1/6 Engine of it. It's the GMP 1/18, 1962 Greer/Black/Prudhomme,#33,Top Fuel Dragster, in Yellow. I wanted this to eventually sit on top of the 1/6 Engine as i have a few 1/6 Engines with the 1/18 models that the Engines are from so it was a must to get this Beauty. Comes with the lapel Badge of the car and a very nice box too with lots of info on it. The 1/6 Model and Engine are in the first two photos to show you.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,038 ·
Here is a model that was missing in my collection and the cheapest model this year (at around 60 euro from CK ) but the Engine compartment is poor, if you are looking for Engine detail this is not it. It's the Z Models 1/12 1983 Citroen 2CV France 3, in White/Blue. For the money it is a Great buy as it does look well with everything closed and the interior is nice like the real car. The front bonnet can be opened and the doors can open too. A worthy addition for the money or if you want a 2CV in your collection.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
I really like this Citroen. I saw a real one a few years back at the Mullin Museum. They were doing a huge exhibit of Citroen and this was one of my favorites.

3021 - 3040 of 3076 Posts