DiecastXchange Forum banner
3041 - 3060 of 3076 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,041 ·
Thanks Jon, Citroen are Quirky with their design and the 2CV has a huge following with prices going up yet this is the second 1/12 model of this on any place i have looked. You would have thought for the cost of this a lot of collectors would be buying it as it's very cheap for a 1/12 model. I think it is worth the price paid for it.(y)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was aware you collect 1/12s Daz but this thread is INSANE! Scrolling through 150+ pages certainly took a couple of days. And I didn’t know the bartolettis were worth so MUCH! you have a really LARGE collection of beauties, I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures and stories.

I can imagine unboxing 1/12s for photo shoots and then boxing them back is really exhausting. I have my models in individual display cases and taking them out to take an iphone pic together is already tiring for me.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,043 ·
Thank you. I get the models i want if and when i can get the money for them without the Missus knowing and it is a ongoing thing how i can dodge and hide the models as they come in, photograph then back out to storage lol. I have been catching up with old out of production 1/12th models so really happy so far, concentrating more on the Rare/ Holy Grail ones now to get but they cost even more than the normal expensive models so adding as and when i can afford them.(y)😁🤩

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,044 ·
Here is the Premium Classixxs(Dealer Edition) 1/12 2015 Mercedes Benz AMG GT S, C190 IAA Frankfurt, in illuminous Yellow/Green and Black. This is a Great looking model although i have the AMG GT in red too i think the red version looks better.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,048 ·
Here is something i didn't think i was going to add to the collection. It's the Rastar 1/12 2012 Lamborghini Aventador J, in Red. Possibly the cheapest 1/12th model i have bought as it's a RC model but for the money - under £40 including shipping it has to be a good buy and will look Great with a line up of like minded 1/12th Lamborghini's. It's the only maker in 1/12 of the "J" so i am happy to add it to the collection although the detail is lacking, but as a model in a line up of others it looks good.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,050 ·
Here is a Awesome looking model, it's the Spark 1/12 2017 Audi R8 LMS Cup Champion, team Absolute, in Black/Yellow. i saw this at a low price on the bay for a couple of weeks but noticed offers accepted so made a very low offer and it was accepted. So pleased to have this version in my collection as i have another version of the 1/12 racing R8 from Spark and this looks even better, a very nice addition for £140 all in and well worth the money.

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,053 ·
Here is a Great looking model i have been waiting for and the colour as well as the excellent interior makes this look so cool. It's the Top Marques 1/12 1996 Ferrari 550 Maranello in Blue. Unfortunately on my model the rear prancing horse looks a little drunk leaning over a bit too much for the badge to look normal and the brake callipers and discs on three of the wheels have fell to the bottom of the wheel !!!!! Apart from that as i said the interior looks so good and one of the best so far from TM. Overall a very nice model with a few issues that i will sort out soon.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Beautiful looking model, Darren! Lovely color spec, too! (y)

One of my favourite Ferraris! Perhaps my most favourite, actually.

Unfortunately on my model the rear prancing horse looks a little drunk leaning over a bit too much for the badge to look normal
That's almost a galloping horse there! It's a Ferrari with identity crisis, it thinks it's a Mustang! :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,056 ·
Beautiful looking model, Darren! Lovely color spec, too! (y)

One of my favourite Ferraris! Perhaps my most favourite, actually.

That's almost a galloping horse there! It's a Ferrari with identity crisis, it thinks it's a Mustang! :ROFLMAO:
Thank you, it was a model i didn't want to miss out on in this colour combination. I love this and the interior is such a nice looking one in there. A fix is not too far away to make this back to new, maybe this weekend if i have time.🙏

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,057 · (Edited)
This next one is the start of the Record models in 1/18, i think there are around 14 to collect in total in this scale from what i have found, input and help would be appreciated please for some i may have missed. It's the Revell 1/18 1937 Auto Union Type C World Record Car, in Silver. For a Revell it has nice detail and the Engine looks decent too, happy with this starter.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Nice add, Darren!!
Had the same for a while - really good value for the still low price.
Took some nice pictures and actually 2 hours ago I sold mine to free further storage space… ;)

BTW: Have meanwhile started a little LSR collection myself.
But in 1/43 scale because (a) there is a wider offering and (b) LSR cars are sooo huge…

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,060 ·
Nice add, Darren!!
Had the same for a while - really good value for the still low price.
Took some nice pictures and actually 2 hours ago I sold mine to free further storage space… ;)

BTW: Have meanwhile started a little LSR collection myself.
But in 1/43 scale because (a) there is a wider offering and (b) LSR cars are sooo huge…
Thanks Dirk, coincidence to have got rid of the model a short while ago but as you say it's worth the money they are selling for at the moment. I saw the 1/43 Thrust SSC it looks so cool. I am still paying for the 1/18th version of that and can't wait to get my camera around it once it's paid off. I am loving this new route with the record models in 1/18th they are all soooo coooooool.

3041 - 3060 of 3076 Posts