DiecastXchange Forum banner

Drivinghermad collection updated 21st December. The Mach One Models (Ian Jones) 1/18, 1983 Thrust 2. A One of 1 made.

1M views 4K replies 161 participants last post by  will1066 
What an amazing and fantastic deviation from the regular automobile themes drivinghermad......
lurve the wagontrain chuck wagon!

Now we have the AUTOART 1/12 ford gt and the GMP 1/12 gt40 street car
There's no denying these are glorious models DHM - but are they REALLY the same scale/ scale accurate??

I had no idea there was SUCH a discrepancy in size....

Super new pics DHM
....esp the Veyron!

I can't imagine the size of cabinet/ display area you would need to display all these diecast giants...
..I'm at capacity with five 1/12s!!

An interesting pair DHM, with your pictures clearly demonstrating the variation in body styles.

...I have the 'million' coupe..(that would look great alongside your two IMO) .and would like to get the traveller....gotta say the wood looks very real from your pics, is it real, or plastic?

Mmmmm that bacon is sizzlin'!!
Just more amazed at your collection with every post DHM!

Oh....My.....God!!
....one for each!!
What an AMAZING show DHL - thanks for sharing!

....'scuse me, I'm off for a second look!!

The Real Art Replicas 1/6 Greer Black Dragster is next.This is a lot bigger than the 1/8 models about 28" long.Again with the small models and a Banana for comparison!
Hahahaha!

That's both incredibly funny and mind-blowingly awesome all in one!!

Thank you so much for the amazing show DHM....
...this is a thread I will revisit many times.....

I really think you should rent a warehouse and open a diecast museum!!

.....alternately I'm sure that there are many members here that would pay you handsomely to wander round your house/ garage/ attic....where do you live????

The GMP C5 is one glorious model Darren... and we've had a double dose this week with Gary's racing version too!

Thanks for the pics - the detail is truly astounding!

I think this thread is fast becoming Eddy's catalogue for his 1/12 ideas Darren...
Hahaha! I must say this thread is a great inspiration Dave, but If only I had the budget!

Mmmmmmm......
Dannng you Darren!!.......
.....I'm going to struggle with keeping to my pre-Y2K rule..............

^ Been looking at the silver Mini meself Darren...so thanks for the pics - looks great in blue too!
Only thing is GB on tail, but LHD.....

An absolute bargain Darren, and from what you've described you've done a full pro valet on the old gal - no one would ever know that it had such a sorry episode!

Great find - was it off the 'bay??

That is just so impressive Darren....
and the Merc-Minichamps has to be my favourite all time livery.....great job, and cheers for pics!

I think you're perhaps a bit harsh about the finish Darren - my Gullwing is a bit thin in places, but the shine is great and makes up for any flaws IMO

The interior looks great though!

But if there's one teensy thing they could''ve done I think that separate hoses and intermediate joining parts could've really made the engine pop!

For the money, I really love P-x - great add Daz, thanks for all your pics!

Sheesh! I see what you mean Daz, that's used up my monthly allowance!!

Lovin' all the pics.......
especially these kissin' cousins....
Now with the Relatives

Are you going to give us a clue as to what six you're planning??

Still a great looker Darren!
Must admit even though I try to stick to my 'PreY2K' rule, I have been sorely tempted by the Premium Classixxs Mercs at the prices they've been going....but in light of your photographic 'advice' I think I might just hold fire...

Can't see how the thinner plastic windows are a problem though, surely they're more scale correct....or are they at risk of deforming???